Tuesday, January 2, 2007

CHAPTER 1, PAGE 2

I Am the New Year

Life I am the new year.

I am an unspoiled page in your book of time.

I am your next chance at the art of living.

I am your opportunity to practice what you have learned about life during the last twelve months.

All that you sought and didn't find is hidden in me, waiting for you to search it out with more determination.

All the good that you tried for and didn't achieve is mine to grant when you have fewer conflicting desires.

All that you dreamed but didn't dare to do,

all that you hoped but did not will,

all the faith that you claimed but did not have --

these slumber lightly,

waiting to be awakened by the touch of a strong purpose.

I am your opportunity to renew your allegiance to Him who said, "behold, I make all things new."

I am the new year

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

It’s very hard getting going here this morning. I do have to go back to work and believe me when I say ‘I don’t wanna’

I’m thinking the good Lord must know what He’s doing, so I’ll go along with it and take myself off once again. I’m still alive and functioning to the best of my ability today, so we’ll be making the most of it.

We all do things we really ‘don’t’ wanna’ in this life because of circumstances beyond our control, we just have to trust that is our purpose, and part of the ‘great plan’ and it’s our job to do the very best we can in all things.

TODAY’S THOUGHT

Don't be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones will tend to take care of themselves.

Dale Carnegie

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart and I hope this day is the first of many beautiful days for you of walking close to God and living in His peace and joy no matter what happens.

It will all be good in God's hands.

MA

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah I need my routine but getting back into the groove is hard too. Yet all the hustle and bustle is hard also ofthis past sason

Anonymous said...

The Dale Carnegie quote it very true ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

We always get that anti-climax feeling. I remember the days I used to have to go back to work and Mike.  Even though we are retired now, it still somehow seems the same.  I guess because with the winter weather still ahead, we need the bit of brightness that christmas and new year bring. It seems a long haul to the spring.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Good Morning....Have a good day at work.  :>)  Before we know it, it'll be the weekend again...and we are blessed with a short week...see tomorrow is over the hump day already.   LOL.
I get to ride to work with Hubby this morning....a special treat as we normally have 2 schedules due to TheTEens taking and picking up of school. But she is still out and with grandparents this morning.

Anonymous said...

I went today, i work in a christian bookshop and we were making room for a sale, carrying heavy books, just 2 more weeks holiday would have done me.
Jenny <><
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jennyp51/stop-the-clock-times-moving-too-/

Anonymous said...

I am to start my new tomorrow and get going I hope, turning a few chores out ,now a pensioner and retired.I am very late in doing things this year.Things seem to go at a much slower pace for me recently.I have usually all done and dusted and all the decorations down at this time and packed away for another year.Not this year I have decided to leave them until the 6th I have always been told on or after the 6th so this year I decided I would do so.Once I start I never stop ,so I thought I would relax more htis year and take things much easier.I hope you have had a little sunshine today too and a few smiles.Take Care God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Yes, we all have things we don't want to do but have to. Have to believe it's for the best. : )

Anonymous said...

I hope work went well. I dread going in many a day, but usually once I get there I`m okay.
Hugs  xo
penny