Monday, January 22, 2007

CHAPTER 1, PAGE 22

It's not only children who grow. Parents do too. As much as we watch to see what our children do with their lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours. I can't tell my children to reach for the sun. All I can do is reach for it, myself.

Joyce Maynard

GOOD MORNING !

When I read the quote above I thought about all the advice I’ve given my children over the years. I know that they do try to make the most of each day and I think they all have a great faith in God. But as I’m getting older, there is not a whole lot else I can tell them that they don’t think they already know more of.

Maybe they’ll look at what I’m doing now and someday remember how I’ve never given up and always strive to greet each day with a SMILE . That’s not too bad of a heritage to leave them – is it?

So with a SMILE on my face I’m off to work once more.

I owe, I owe, so it’s off to work I go !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.

Author Unknown

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

y9our so right

Anonymous said...

I think now they are grown up we still could learn them much more,but because they are grown now, they think they know it all.Hope you too have a little sunshine today and a smile from somebody.Take care God Bless
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I agree I think we are all learning from each other ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Have a great week at work!!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I'll bet you're children know they were blessed and still are with a wonderful roll model.

Angela : )

Anonymous said...

I`m sure you raised your children well and now they can in turn teach their children. I`m sure they all have a little bit of grandma`s spunk in them. :)
penny