Friday, January 19, 2007

CHAPTER 1, PAGE 19

I think of people I met in the past. . . .

Many, many people.

Where are they now?

Some are still friends, some just a Christmas card;

others no longer met but never forgotten.

Not every friendship lasts forever; we move house,

school and job, we drift away from people.

But every memory of friendship shared,

even for a short time, is a treasure,

like sunshine and warmth in our lives,

like a cool breeze on a humid day,

like a shower of rain refreshing the earth.

Thank you, Lord, for the gift of friendship

at every moment of life

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

TGIF – It’s Friday !

Oh my what a long work week it was. Busy days and full of work--I do need the weekend to re-coop a bit. Today will be a good day with things all winding down and filed away once more. I like to have every thing in order when I go home on Friday evening.

The business I work for is family owned and my two bosses are the DAD and his SON IN LAW. (I’m not related to either or any. )  It is a very informal atmosphere and often their family members stop by the office too. Yesterday the SON IN LAW had to pick up his little boy from day care as he was sent home because he had head lice. I couldn’t help myself but I started feeling itchy all over…just the thought of that left me uncomfortable. I know it’s common occurrence in schools and day cares, but still….

It’s very cold here and we’re promised some more snow through the weekend. Guess it will be a good time to stay in, keep warm and get my ‘house blessing ‘ done.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Good friends are hard to find, harder to leave…and impossible to forget.

 

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH man LICE now Im itchy!!!!!!! UGH I hate lice. yes we are suppose to get wintry sunday night!!!!! they are already sending out weather statements. IM hoping to get our back yard done. This week has been so muprhys law but finally getting things done done done. Im praying no rain thru saturday and that it stays sunny saturday so we can move the dirt around we had to dig up from the deck. that willl be good becuase you know I need to sew grass seed down before the winter mix as it does best then

Anonymous said...

If C.Y. sees someone getting into something sticky (like honey) he immediately "feels" sticky under his chin.  The power of suggestion! ! ! !

Anonymous said...

I`m looking forward to the weekend as well. I need some rest.
I`ve never had to deal with the lice thing....Creeps me out just thinking about it. <shivers>
HUGS
penny