Wednesday, April 9, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 4, PAGE 9

All of Spring proclaims the Hope God gives our hearts

 

 

Last Week I threw out WORRYING,

It was getting old and in the way.

It kept me from being me,

I couldn't do things my way.

I threw out those inhibitions,

They were just crowding me out.

Made room for my New Growth,

Got rid of my old dreams and doubts.

I threw out a book on MY PAST

(didn't have time to read it anyway).

Replaced it with New Goals,

Started reading it today.

I threw out childhood toys

(remember how I treasured them so)?

Got me a NEW PHILOSOPHY too,

Threw out the one from long ago.

Bought in some new books too,

Called I CAN, I WILL, and I MUST.

Threw out I might, I think and I ought.

WOW, You should've seen the dust.

I ran across an OLD FRIEND,

Haven't seen him in a while.

I believe his name is GOD,

Yes, I really like His style.

 He helped me to do some cleaning

And added some thing's Himself.

Like PRAYER, HOPE and FAITH,

Yes I placed them right on the shelf.

I picked up this special thing

And placed it at the front door.

I FOUND IT - its called PEACE.

Nothing gets me down anymore.

Yes, I've got my house looking nice.

Looks good around the place.

For things like Worry and Trouble

There just isn't any place.

Its good to do a little house cleaning,

Get rid of the old things on the shelf.

It sure makes things brighter,

Maybe you should TRY IT YOURSELF.

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

Just so you know, Spring Cleaning has not happened in my house this year at all…I’ve been trying to get rid of some things that have been accumulating over the years,but that’s about it. Just keeping up with the every day things is about all I seem to be able to manage.

The spring cleaning that is mentioned in the poem above seems to happen little by little every day of my life. I’m always working at that for sure. I try to make a concentrated effort to remember the important things like FAITH, HOPE AND PRAYER and not let anything get me down.

It’s that day of week once more when we go OVER THE HUMP and then slide on in to the weekend. What I’ll be doing on the weekend is totally up in the air. I guess it all depends on the weather and that is not looking real great right now. But it could change so we’ll just have to wait and see…

DS#4 says he has my laptop that crashed on me last fall, back up and working just fine. He’s one of my 'babes' that lives out of state so he’ll have to mail it to me. That means that I should be able to keep in touch while I’m camping. They have Wi-Fi at the campground it seems. As I’m lost without a computer around so that will be just great. It is wonderful to have my own personal computer tech, it’s just too bad he is so far away.

Enough for today…I must get off to work here. Hope you all have a wonderful WEDNESDAY!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Every day is an opportunity to make a new happy ending.

Author Unknown

In this season of renewal and rejuvenation

May your spirit soar high and

May you be blessed

Not just today, but always.

Wishing you a beautiful SPRING !

MA

 

 

graphics by:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning!
I know I should be spring cleaning but if it is nice again today I am getting outside.
Maybe I can clean on the porches.  I hear there is a possibility of snow this weekend .  I so want to get the annuals planted but I know it is too soon.   Have a great day!            Pat

Anonymous said...

That is great you have someone who is computer savy to work on your computer.
Have a good day!

Anonymous said...

I guess I have to do the cleaning and all those chores seeing as I am starting afresh.The weather here is very cool though the sun has shone today and it makes one feel so much better.I am up very late this evening,trying to comment in a few more blogs again.What a very tireing day once more I have had..I have  faith hope and prayer too and I am sure these will win me through it all.How lovely Dear Son mended your laptop.I am so happy for you,it certainly will help when you are camping.What a shame he is so far away.Only in miles though remember not in thought which counts for millions.Have a lovely day.Look after yourself and Take Care  Godbless.Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

thats great that you will be able to keep in touch while camping. I look forward to it
Sandra

Anonymous said...

lmbo Well spring cleaning should happen here but it hasn't yet. lol That must be nice to have someone work on your computer. I am not computer smart and have the worse time with my computer at times. lol Hope you had a wonderful day too. Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

I dont think spring cleaning happens as it did when we were young ,Ilike to think we sort of do it all year round ,lol ,What a great gift are our clever sons ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Lucky you to have a computer tech in the family :-). I tend to use my cell phone for email and such when I am gone, but I don't have full internet on my phone. Not yet. It's a little warmer here today, and will be even warmer tomorrow - yay!!! Spring might actually come!

xoxo