Tuesday, April 22, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 4, PAGE 22

All of Spring proclaims the

Hope God gives our hearts

We must work on our souls, enlarging and expanding them. We do so by experiencing all of life-- the beauty and the joy as well as the grief and pain. Soul work requires paying attention to life, to the laughter and the sorrow, the enlightening and the frightening, the inspiring and the silly.

Matthew Fox

GOOD MORNING !

I really believe that everything we experience in life is there for a reason. Some things help us to grow and to learn. Other things bless us with their beauty and awesome splendor. Even my going to work each day has done lots for me as I’ve come to realize the value of what I do.

With the good Lord’s help each day is molding and shaping me. I’m certainly not the person I was 20 years ago nor will I be the person I am now 20 years from now.

We have been so blessed here with beautiful weather. The last few days we’ve had above normal temps and more sunshine than rain for sure. It probably won’t last as we usually don’t get this warm until later in May but I’m enjoying it!

To answer a question by Jan in a comment she made -- I was welcomed at the church I went to last Sunday. Yes, the people there are quite friendly and are very used to ‘campers’ invading them come nice weather.

The countryside all around this area is a tourist spot. People come from near and far to enjoy the hiking, fishing, canoeing and boating .etc. So they are very accommodating to us outsiders.

I noticed in their church bulletin that they even add an extra service during the summer months. I’m just happy to have found one so near to where I camp. I always miss my home church when I’m away, but they’ve seen a lot of me over the years and I of them so it’s good to have a little change now and then.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Things are only worth what you make them worth.

Moliere

In this season of renewal and rejuvenation

May your spirit soar high and

May you be blessed

 Not just today, but always.

Wishing you a beautiful SPRING !

MA

 

 

graphics by:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pleased you got a nice welcome at your'' holiday church '',My sentiments exactly Pam ,I have always used (or tried to ) bad experiances to teach me ,and learn from,Found being widowed early gave me  a better understanding ,when some of my residents were bereaved ,for example ...have a good day dear ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I remarked how nice it was that there was a church you could attend so near to your camper.I am happy to read the regulars were friendly towards you.The weather here today has been sunny but a little breezy.Well what I have seen of it.I havn't been too good today,and in bed most of it..I spoke to Jan earlier on the telephone and she cheered me up .Yes there is always something the Good Lord sends our way,I think he sent me a rest day today,and th ephone call from Jan.It  wasn't planned in my mind for a rest day,but The Good Lord must have decided  I needed one.We never stop learning,no matter how old we are.Have a safe journey home from work.In my prayers. Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I hope you continue with your fine weather...nice here too, today...make Wednesday a good one!!
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I believe that too. :-) I have been working in the garage. Glad you have a nice church to go to. Wishing you a great week at work and home. Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

We used to do that same thing...find a church where we camped. We camped all up and down the coast so we saw a LOT of different churches. I recall one that I couldn't stay for the service. We went to Catholic Mass...and the Priest started putting out the incense. OMG I got an instant headache, and I couldn't breathe!! It was a very small country church and the incense was very strong. I had to leave. I felt so bad. I'm sure they wondered why this "newcomer" left so abruptly! LOL!
I hope you enjoy your vacation church family.
Pam

Anonymous said...

So glad you have a church to visit while camping and get in all your R&R....
it is in the 90's this weekend....
Linda :)