Monday, April 21, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 4, PAGE 21

All of Spring proclaims the

Hope God gives our hearts

 

HOW TO HAVE A BAD DAY

Wake up late, in a panic

Rush to get ready

Dress hurriedly

Don't eat

Drink lots of coffee

No spiritual reflection

No exercise

Don't plan your day

Focus on your failures.

Never smile

Be selfish and unfriendly

Criticize, blame, complain

Think negative thoughts

Dictate, direct, command

Don't forget to nag

Don't overlook mistakes

Grumble

No time for lunch

Harbor resentment

Keep rushing

Don't communicate

Keep it all to yourself

Worry about tomorrow

Be rigid and cranky

Retire with bad thoughts and a full stomach.

HOW TO HAVE A GOOD DAY!

Wake up early - don't rush

Breath slowly and deeply

Exercise

Have some quiet time

Greet everyone

Smile a lot

Compliment often

Communicate

Listen more - talk less

Beware of giving advice

View your work as a privilege

Express appreciation

Do your best

Welcome change

Relax your neck muscles

Plan time for relaxation

Throw away negative feelings

Let go of anger and guilt

Leave work at work

Review your accomplishments

Plan pleasurable events

 Eat well at night

Recognize your blessings

Lots of love

GOOD MORNING !

It’s Monday morning once again. With all my rest and relaxation this past weekend it’s going to be very hard to put the payroll out at work today. It will be busy as I’m sure there are things on my desk from Friday too ! The good thing is that I have next weekend to look forward to.

My laptop is not quite set to work at the campground yet, but I do now have it. DS#4 is helping me to get it set up. I need to import my folders from my other computer.

I have to go to the camp office/clubhouse to use the Wi-Fi but that will be sort of nice in the summer time as they have a deck overlooking the lake there that I can set out on. I haven’t had any time to do that just yet as we’ve been so busy getting the campsites set up.

I owe, I owe It’s off to work I go

It’s going to be a great day!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Come now, put aside your

business for a while,

take refuge for a little

from your tumultuous thoughts,

cast off your cares and

let your burdensome distractions wait.

Take some leisure time with God

and rest awhile with God.’

St. Anselm

Yesterday was the feast of Anselm who lived over a thousand years ago and was a great thinker and writer of his time. But even back then he recognized a great need to take a step back from all we do and to take time to reflect. . . . Anyone who can take a few steps aside from the hectic pace of life in whatever way is doing themselves a great favour

Today Is My Gift to You

http://www.todayismygifttoyou.ie/

(That was certainly what I did over the weekend.)

In this season of renewal and rejuvenation

May your spirit soar high and

May you be blessed

Not just today, but always.

Wishing you a beautiful SPRING !

MA

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh theres that chair again  hee hee ,lots of good advice today ,hope work doesnt drag to much after a wonderful week end ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

You are so, so, so very fortunate to have your weekend home away from home. What a terrific set up you have with the other members of your family. I look at your pictures and a sense of relaxation comes over me. You have worked long and hard in your life so you are more than entitled to this "little piece of heaven". Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Hope things go easy for you at work. I like my desk top even though it is used not far from my desk. :-) Awww the deck sounds great! Praying you have a wonderful and peaceful week at work. Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

I hope work goes well for you this week and not too hectic.Yes I see that relaxing deck chair.I am happy to be rid of mine right now LOL!! You know well the reason why He-he.Stil I shall be making use of it again as soon as the weather permits I am sure.Only this time outside.he-He.Oh! and your cuppa on the table reminds me it's time for me one now LOL!! So happy you enjoyed your weekend.Have a safe journey home from work.In my prayers .Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

the weather must have been perfect for your first camping week end. It looks like everyone had a wonderful time too.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Such a good idea to use your camping pictures as your graphics....
and I need to work on both those good and bad day lists, especially the last two weeks....
Linda :)