Thursday, April 10, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 4, PAGE 10

All of Spring proclaims the Hope God gives our hearts

 

If you can look at the sunset and smile, then you still have hope.

If you can find beauty in the colors of a small flower, then you still have hope.

If you can find pleasure in the movement of a butterfly, then you still have hope.

If the smile of a child can still warm your heart, then you still have hope.

If you can see the good in other people, then you still have hope.

If the rain breaking on a roof top can still lull you to sleep, then you still have hope.

If the sight of a rainbow still makes you stop and stare in wonder, then you still have hope.

If the soft fur of a favored pet still feels pleasant under your fingertips, then you still have hope.

If you meet new people with a trace of excitement and optimism, then you still have hope.

If you give people the benefit of a doubt, then you still have hope.

If you still offer your hand in friendship to others that have touched your life, then you still have hope.

If receiving an unexpected card or letter still brings a pleasant surprise, then you still have hope.

If the suffering of others still fills you with pain and frustration, then you still have hope.

If you refuse to let a friendship die, or accept that it must end, then you still have hope.

If you look forward to a time or place of quiet and reflection, then you still have hope.

If you still buy the ornaments, put up the Christmas tree or cook the turkey, then you still have hope.

If you still watch love stories or want the endings to be happy, then you still have hope.

If you can look to the past and smile, then you still have hope.

If, when faced with the bad, when told everything is futile, you can still look up and end the conversation with the phrase...."yeah....BUT.." then you still have hope.

Hope is such a marvelous thing. It bends, it twists, it sometimes hides, but rarely does it break.

It sustains us when nothing else can. It gives us reason to continue and courage to move ahead, when we tell ourselves we'd rather give in.

Hope puts a smile on our face when the heart cannot manage.

Hope puts our feet on the path when our eyes cannot see it.

Hope moves us to act when our souls are confused of the direction.

Hope is a wonderful thing, something to be cherished and nurtured, and something that will refresh us in return.

And it can be found in each of us, and it can bring light into the darkest of places.

NEVER LOSE HOPE!

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Romans 15:13

GOOD MORNING !

Thankfully it is Thursday ! On Thursdays in the past I’ve tried to list things I’ve been thankful for ; so I thought today I’d try again. Sometimes I forget all the wonderful gifts that have blessed my life.

I’m thankful for the gift of the warm sunny days we’ve been having. Even though the rain came yesterday, the sunshine did too !

I’m thankful for my family and friends who are so caring and thoughtful in so many different ways

I’m thankful for the strange green things in my yard. I think they are called grass. We hadn’t seen it for so long, I almost forgot it was there!

I’m thankful for my job which enables me to do so much more than I would otherwise be able to ( like camping to be sure.)

I’m thankful for my health, which is always a blessing. If you’ve ever been sick (I have) you learn to appreciate your health more than words can say.

I’m thankful for answered prayers, of which there have been many.

There they are - a few of my blessings for this week. I’m sure there are many more and I do thank our dear Lord for them daily.

Thought for Today

If you count all your assets, you always show a profit.

Robert Quillen

In this season of renewal and rejuvenation

May your spirit soar high and

May you be blessed

Not just today, but always.

Wishing you a beautiful SPRING !

MA

 

 

graphics by:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful things to be thankful for ,hee hee at the grass ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Grass? I think we used to have some of that stuff.

There are always good things to be thankful for, but some days we just have to look a little harder for them :-)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Yes, we really do have lots of things to be thankful for, don't we. God is sooo good. God Bless, Janie