Sunday, April 13, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 4, PAGE 13

All of Spring proclaims the Hope God gives our hearts

Become a possibilitarian.

No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are,

raise your sights and see possibilities...

always see them, for they're always there.

Norman Vincent Peale

EVERY situation contains an opportunity to gain something good. You may not always be able to see, on the surface, what good could possibly come of it, but something wonderful and magical happens when you always look for the positive attributes in every situation... you find them

GOOD AFTERNOON!

CAMPING SEASON HAS BEGUN!

I don’t know if I was missed or not, but I’ve been away and just got home this afternoon. We finally made it to the campground and I just love this place. You will be inundated with pictures from me every weekend from now til the end of camping season at the end of October.

Friday was a balmy 70 degrees here in northern Ohio, but there were storm warnings up so we were not sure what to do. The rain was spotty with the sun peeping through so we went. DD and her hubby got their new camper set up on their campsite and I got mine all cleaned up and ready to go. There is even some food and soft drinks in my refrigerator.

Coming home from the camper today I ran into snow about 20 minutes away from home. Snow in April is very hard to take. It is warmer just a little over an hour away from here so there was no snow at the campsite and I was out raking leaves earlier today in a sweatshirt and it was nice.

Believing things are possible is the basis of hope. I thought the day would never come that I'd go camping again, but I did.  The power of believing is enormous. Every day that I live opens up so many different possibilities and it’s up to me how I choose to take advantage of them.

I always have the radio on at work and Friday they talked about what you would do if you knew you only had 6 months to live. The commentator of the show said he thought we should always try to live as though it were our last day. I think he’s got it right, but I’m not so sure I do. It gave me lots to think about and ponder. Pondering is a good thing and maybe I need to a little more of it.

We don’t know when our last moment on earth will be, but we do know we are here now and now is what is important for sure. For now camping is a dream fulfilled for me.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

As another has said, "Our lives are not

determined by what happens to us,

but how we react to what happens;

not by what life brings to us,

but by the attitude we bring to life.

A positive attitude causes a chain reaction

of positive thoughts, events and outcomes.

It is a catalyst...a spark that creates

extraordinary results.

 Author Unknown

In this season of renewal and rejuvenation

May your spirit soar high and

May you be blessed

Not just today, but always.

Wishing you a beautiful SPRING !

MA

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thankyou for sharing your lovely day ,you have cheered me up ,its good to be with friends at a time like this ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to read you have had a weekend at your favourite place.How lovely you are all sighted together with your campers.You will enjoy so many wonderful weekends together when the summer arrives and so you should.You work so hard for this pleasure.I am so happy for you.The campers are lovely.I love your little doggy he looks so content LOL!!.Dear Daughter so bonny and always a beautiful smile for us.I loved your picture too today.Yes I try to make the most of every day too.I have had such a long one today.Up at five and still working at nine thirty I was.So I just decided to do a few comments on my computer before I retire to my bed, it's been another very long busy day.The pictures are wonderful and I have enjoyed them so much.Your posting inspirational as usual.Have  a lovely day at work tomorrow,I hope th esun shines for you and you get a few smiles along the way. If I do not catch you tomorrow please accept my apologies..I am trying my best to get back to commenting regular.Thankyou for your kind words in your comments to me..Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES.

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures! What a beautiful place! Can you swim in the lake? Do they move your campers when you are not there, or do they stay there all the time in those places?  
I've been telling you for weeks that I'm looking forward to your camping pictures. It really makes me miss camping. I used to go all of the time. You are very blessed.
Hugs...Pam xoxox

Anonymous said...

I feel so relaxed just by looking at your photos.  I would really love that too.  All the comforts of home!!!!  I love all your campers.     They are gorgeous.  I can't wait to see all your up coming pictures. I wish we had one of those campers.

Hollie

P.S.  I love seeing you beagle enjoying his camping trip too.

Anonymous said...

I wondered if you were off at the camp site....
It looks great!!
I'm looking forward to hearing about all your adventures!!
Have a great week!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures, everything looked great. Sure you had a good time. Yes, snow in April is hard to believe. lol Have a wonderful week. Janie

Anonymous said...

We had snow that day too - it sucked! Camping is great - you are making me wonder why I haven't gone in over 5 years. More like 8 years. Glad you had a good time and your enthusiasm really shows :-)

xoox