Monday, April 14, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 4, PAGE 14

All of Spring proclaims the Hope God gives our hearts

A man who loved to hunt and bought two pedigreed setters that he trained to be fine bird dogs. He kept them in a large, fenced pen in his backyard.

One morning he observed a little bulldog trotting down the alley behind his home. It saw the two dogs and squeezed under the fence. The man thought he should perhaps lock up the setters so they wouldn't hurt the little dog, but changed his mind. Maybe they would "teach that bulldog a lesson," he reasoned.

As he predicted, fur began to fly, and all of it was bulldog fur. The feisty intruder soon had enough and squeezed back under the fence to get away.

To the man's surprise, the visitor returned again the next morning. He crawled under the fence and once again took on the tag-team of setters. And like the day before, he soon quit and squeezed out of the pen.

The incident was repeated the following day, with the same results. The man left early the next morning on a business trip and returned after several weeks. He asked his wife what finally became of the bulldog.

 "You won't believe it," she replied. "At the same time every day that little dog came to the backyard and fought with our setters. He never missed a day! It has come to the point now that when our setters simply hear him snorting down the alley, they start whining and run down into the basement.

Then the little bulldog struts around our backyard as if he owns it."

Dale Carnegie made this observation: "Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." In the end, it's the persistent bulldog that will own the backyard.

GOOD MORNING !

It is Monday already and I up and going off to work soon. It was a great weekend out at the camper to be sure. I got lots of rest and relaxation, and I also got my R&R in too.

I managed to take myself off to church there too. Less than 15 minutes from camp I found a church. That means I’ll be having double the pleasures all camping season so I certainly shouldn’t have anything to complain about.

Yes, I said those special prayers for you all to as I always do and I said lots of Thank You’s too. I just feel so blessed right now and although work will go on as usual I will have the weekends at my special place in the woods.

The oak trees there are humungous to be sure. They tower way overhead and sway when the wind blows. It is awesome to think that they came from one little acorn. Just goes to show us what one little seed can do. I’m not sure what other trees are around there as when I was raking up around my deck on Sunday all I saw were oak leaves. Lots and lots of leaves.

The campsites we have are called permanent campsites . We pay a rental fee for using the lot the campers are on and we’ll stay there as long as the campground agrees with us. There is plenty to do and see there so I imagine we’ll be there for a long time.

Someone asked if we could swim in the lake too. Yes, we can; they have a small beach there too. A BEACH! How wonderful. They also are putting in a new inground swimming pool that is heated. So I imagine I’ll swim in that but sit on the beach to soak up the rays.

There is also some good fishing in the lake so that could be a possibility and they have those delightful paddle boats there that you can rent by the hour or the day. That could be a good way to get some exercise I’m thinking.

The reality for today however is…

I owe, I owe, Its off to work I go…

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

In this season of renewal and rejuvenation

May your spirit soar high and

May you be blessed

Not just today, but always.

Wishing you a beautiful SPRING !

MA

 

 

graphics by:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ihope you have a good day after a lovely weekend ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Sounds so lovely!  It brings back memories of all the wonderful camping we did
when the children were younger.  I enjoyed it so much and I am glad to have given my children those experiences.   Have fun and enjoy!   Pat

Anonymous said...

Thank you for answering my questions. I know...I'm a bit nosey. I just loved camping and was curious as to how your new place works. It looks so nice and I look so forward to hearing your stories.
Have a good day at work...and daydream a little of that beautiful lake!
Hugs..Pam xoxox

Anonymous said...

It sounds wonderful..swimming is very good exercise.
glad u had a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

Well what more could you wish for than what you already have on your camping ground.Plus church just up the road how wonderful.I hope you spend many delightful weekends there in the future.I loved swimming when I was younger but not been for years now.ENJOY.Have a lovely day at work today.I hope the sun shines for you and you get lots of smiles along the way.Thankyou for your prayers.You are always in mine.Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://jorunals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Cute little story. lol They say dynamite comes in small packages. lol Glad you had lots of fun and looks like you have a fun summer in store. Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

Now that the weather is improved and you are off camping, you sound so much happier :-)

xoxo