Saturday, April 5, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 4, PAGE 5

All of Spring proclaims the Hope God gives our hearts

 

A tiny seed has every reason to feel hopeless.

It falls to the ground and cannot move anyplace else.

It gets trampled. It gets cold and wet. It gets buried.

And yet, in spite of all that, it does what it can.

It sends out tiny, frail stems toward the warm sunlight.

It cannot move around to find food, so it takes

what it has where it is, and makes optimum use of it.

It sends roots into the ground to anchor itself.

Growing just a little bit each day, it becomes a seedling

and then a small tree. The wind blows, the droughts come,

 the seasons change, and through it all the young tree

perseveres. It does what it can where it is.

And in time, that adds up to quite an accomplishment.

It becomes a tall, sturdy, beautiful tree,

producing more seeds which can eventually

add up to an entire forest. Though the tiny seed may appear

hopeless and insignificant, it is not.

It does what it must, when it can, and manifests its

grand possibilities. When you are tempted to feel

hopeless, think of the tiny seed.

It is far less capable, far less flexible,

far less resourceful than you, and yet it perseveres

until it has transformed into a magnificent creation.

Always, there is always hope for anyone

who has the courage to accept it.

Ralph Marston

Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, [who is] the health of my countenance, and my God.

Psalm 42:11

GOOD MORNING !

It is supposed to be a sunny day in northern Ohio today and in case you can’t tell it – I’m SMILING for sure. I need warmth and I need sunshine so badly.

Talk about being downcast, that has been  me . I’m tired of being chilly and tired of be cooped up inside all the time. I’ve got a bad case of Spring fever.

There is not much new or exciting going around at my house right now. I’m just waiting ( a little impatiently) for camping season to begin.

It’ll be a quiet weekend and that is just as well as there’s always something to do here at home. Laundry and house cleaning must be done .

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

 

The seed is hope;

the flower is joy.

Author Unknown

In this season of renewal and rejuvenation

May your spirit soar high and

May you be blessed

Not just today, but always.

Wishing you a beautiful SPRING !

MA

 

graphics by:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"You are my Sunshine, my only sunshine,  you make me happy when skies are grey................................... ."     Write on, dear friend, write on.         Pat

Anonymous said...

Quiet weekends are great! I hope you enjoy it.
Pam

Anonymous said...

It's very windy here today so I'm sure spring is blowing your way!!!
Just a few more weeks til camping, so exciting!
Enjoy the day!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Awww I like the story about the tree. Thank you for sharing. :-)  Sun is shining here today. Wind is blowing like crazy... but happy to see the sun. Wishing you a relaxed happy Saturday and blessed Sunday. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

It's nice and warm here, but I go home tonight - snow Sunday....*sigh*

xoxo