Sunday, April 6, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 4, PAGE 6

All of Spring proclaims the Hope God gives our hearts

 

There's an old song lyric that goes, "Wishing and hoping and thinking and praying ...

 

Wishing and hoping and thinking and praying,

planning and dreaming each night of his charms

that won't get you into his arms,

 so if you're looking to find love you can share,

 all you gotta do, is hold him and kiss him,

and love him and show him that you care

Show him that you care just for him,

do the things that he likes to do,

wear your hair just for him,

cause you won't get him,

thinking and a praying wishing and a hoping

Just wishing and hoping and thinking

and praying and planing and

dreaming his kisses will start...

that won't get you into his heart...

so if your thinking how great true love

is all you gotta do is...

Hold him and kiss him and squeeze him

 and love him just do it and after you do,

you will be his

Show him that you care just for him,

do the things that he likes to do,

wear your hair just for him,

cause you won't get him thinking and a praying

wishing an a hoping

Just wishing and hoping and thinking

and praying planing and dreaming

his kisses will start...

that won't get you into his heart

so if your thinking how great

true love is all you gotta do.....

Is hold him and kiss him and squeeze him

and love him just do it and after you do

you will be his.... you will be his..... you..will..be..his........

 

GOOD MORNING !

Lots of people recorded this song and I’m not sure who wrote it but it does have something important to tell us. Wishing and hoping are not the same as doing. It’s good to hope, but we all need to do a little bit about our hopes too.

Praying is always a good thing to do and along with praying we need to trust that our good Lord will provide what ever is needed.

Yesterday I woke up feeling kind of achy and stiff, so I took two aspirin and said a little prayer that I’d feel better and be able to get the things done around here that were badly in need of being done.

I went about my business (slowly to be sure) and somehow made it through the day just fine. I knew that I would as our heavenly Father always gives me just what is needed for each day. No more and certainly no less that what is needed I might say.

I’ve learned that one day at a time is the only way to go. Today is my R & R day as always I’ll be off to church and will be thinking and praying for all of you . It is a such a wonderful way to begin a new week, knowing that we are all in such good care.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Don't let go of hope.

Hope gives you the strength to keep going

when you feel like giving up.

Don't ever quit believing in yourself.

As long as you believe you can,

you will have a reason for trying.

Don't let anyone hold your happiness in their hands;

hold it in yours, so it will always be within your reach.

Don't measure success or failure by material wealth,

but by how you feel; our feelings determine

the richness of our lives.

Don't let bad moments overcome you;

be patient, and they will pass.

 Nancy Sims

In this season of renewal and rejuvenation

May your spirit soar high and

May you be blessed

Not just today, but always.

Wishing you a beautiful SPRING !

MA

 

 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning,
I love your entry today, especially your thought for today!  It's what I needed to hear today!  Have a wonderful Sunday & thanks for your prayers.  I certainly need them.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Lovely words always inspiring coming along to your journal ,I hope you are feeling better today ,and can get a rest to ready you for the week to come which I hope will be a good one ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I really hope you feel better today, and enjoy your day of R&R.
Hugs...Pam xoxox

Anonymous said...

Hope you have had a blessed Sunday.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better.

Anonymous said...

Yes, one day at a time. :-)  Hope you had a wonderful R & R day... thank you for your prayers (I need all that I can get lol) and you are also in mine. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

My journal used to be called Wishing and Hoping but it is now called PRAYING AND BELIEVING.  Now that's what I call actively participating in circumstances for a positive change.  Wishing and hoping seemed too much like throwing change into a fountain.  Maybe it would work, maybe not.  Praying and Believing is a guaranteed change.  Pretty tag at the top.

Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/PRAYINGANDBELIEVING/
(private)  email if interested in my writings on my daily life

Anonymous said...

I very well remember that song, and I like it too! It's also good, I think, to dream and wish - sometimes we don't take the time to realize that we can have what we want, if we think out the steps and plan for it.

At least we are almost done with snow for another 6 months! YAY!

xoxo