Friday, April 4, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 4, PAGE 4

All of Spring proclaims the Hope God gives our hearts

Very seldom will people give up on themselves.

They continue to have hope because they know

that they have the potential for change.

They try again-- not just to exist,

but to bring about those changes in themselves

that will make their lives worth living.

Yet people are very quick to give up on friends,

 and especially on spouses, to declare them hopeless,

and to either walk away or do nothing more

than resign themselves to a bad situation.

 Hugh Prather

It's YOUR fault!" - "No, it's YOUR fault!" Ever listen to a couple of kids quarreling about who's to blame? Or maybe, it's a husband/wife spat--and I won't even guess who wins that one. We all try to blame others when something doesn’t go right.

GOOD MORNING !

Hope involves a lot of things in lots of different ways and this is just one of the many. I remember back to when I first had children. I had such high hopes for the perfect children and the perfect marriage. It was going to be perfect because I was going to do everything right.

Wow was I in for a rude awakening. Most of the time I had not more said my child would never do that than they would turn around and do it!

I think we need to realize that in any situation there are two sides and when we have hope for a good outcome, things can be resolved.

Over the years there have been spats at my house. What is important is that because we love each other we forgive each other and life as a family continues. We resolve our problems and continue to be family because we want to be a part of each others lives.

My part as a mom and a grand’ma’ in our family is often a long distance one, yet I would do anything for anyone of them as they would for me.

TODAY’S THOUGHT

I praise loudly, I blame softly.

Catherine II of Russia

When a plant does not do well, we don’t blame the plant. We look for reasons as to why it is not doing well. It may need fertilizer or more water. It may need more sunshine or perhaps more shade. But we never actually blame the plant. Why is it that when we have problems with our friends or our families we tend to blame the other person? We fail to look at the bigger picture. Blaming has no positive effects at all. It is often deflating, a waste of time and counter productive. It is always much better for us to give our time and energy into words of praise and encouragement

Fr. James McSweeney

 

We can never assume anything about anyone. To fully understand someone we must see their world through their eyes. For every person this is different. It needs to be respected and can never be taken for granted.

In this season of renewal and rejuvenation

May your spirit soar high and

May you be blessed

Not just today, but always.

Wishing you a beautiful SPRING !

MA

 

 

graphics by:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very important message you had here.  Hsve a beautiful weekend....hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Thankyou for a lovely read ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

With love Jan xxxx

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful weekend.
Love, Pam xoxox

Anonymous said...

I heard an old saying years ago... "There are 3 sides to every story.  Your side, my side, and the right side."  lol  Great entry today with a lot of truth. Thank you for sharing. Hope you are having a blessed Saturday. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

We are still hoping for a spring! I surely cannot see through Mother Nature's eyes right now. She is being one cruel boss!

xoxo