Wednesday, April 2, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 4, PAGE 2

All of Spring proclaims the Hope God gives our hearts

When you come to the edge of all the light you know,

and are about to step off into the darkness

of the unknown,

faith is knowing one of two things will happen:

There will be something solid to stand on,

 or you will be taught how to fly.

Barbara J. Winter

My faith is a result of looking at my life and the world around me and realizing that things are fine, and time after time life has been very good to me. Faith allows us to explore, to risk, to take great joy in life and living. It doesn't just sneak up on us and become a part of us, though--faith is a decision to trust

The eyes of all look hopefully to you; you give them their food in due season. You open wide your hand and satisfy the desire of every living thing.

Psalm 145:15-16

GOOD MORNING !

So far this week we had about a day and a half with the temperatures in the mid 50’s. Oh how good that felt. It was wonderful going outside with out freezing. Then yesterday the wind blew in some colder temps and it went down to 27 degrees last night. I’ll have to put the layers back on today so I can stay warm.

I’ve been ready for some time now to get out my Spring clothing . I’m so tired of winter’s dull old colors and shapes. The sunshine is supposed to come out which will be a blessing so even though it is cold again, the sun will warm this old heart for sure.

 Someone I talked to someone recently ( I forget exactly who ) who said that they’d vowed never to complain about being hot again. Winters are so harsh around here that being hot sounds good to me too. I don’t like to complain anyways. It takes all the joy out of a day.

Work is picking up and each day I’ve been busier and busier. I’m glad I got all the files and the office straightened around when I did because there is no time for it now. I hope I have the energy for it all.

I owe, I owe, it ‘s off to work I go…

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

When we have hope, we are showing that we trust God to work out the situation. Trust is the only way we're going to make it through and be a part of God's marvelous plan for His child.

Barbara Johnson

In this season of renewal and rejuvenation

May your spirit soar high and

May you be blessed

Not just today, but always.

Wishing you a beautiful SPRING !

MA

 

graphics by:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello again,I am trying a few comments today in between lots of hard work.Thankyou for your kind words sent whilst I have been abscent.Your posting this morning has lifted me as usual and I am so happy to be back reading your wonderful journal.Please know you have been in my thoughts and I hope you have the loveliest day ever.I have to make my comments short as I have so many to catch up on and so much to do otherwise.Yes the wind is cold here right now but we have had some lovely days last week.A beautiful spring to you too is wished.Take Care and God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

First love your thought for the day...lovely!!
Second the 50's are wonderful aren't they?  So nice as you said to finally start looking forward to spring clothing.  I will not complain one time.  I am praying for a mild summer...not the 100's as we had a couple of those last year.
Hope you had a great day at work!!
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

It's been a bit milder here this week, hust a tad, but now the forecasters are telling us to watch out for the weekend: Weather coming straight from the Arctic - snow, wind and really cold. Hope the weathermen are their usual selves - always getting it wrong. Take care.
Love Sylvia xx

Anonymous said...

It's raining here right now. Really coming down. I love it, too!
Have a good week,
Pam

Anonymous said...

I hope it clears up and Spring weather heads your way.
The weather does affect ones mood.
I know the sun makes me happy.  But a nice rain is refreshing and clears the air..
Have a good week.

Anonymous said...

Quick hello. Wishing you a wonderful week with blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

Iam pleased you presevered with the boring filing ,now you are so busy ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I never, ever complain about the hot - I am also hoping we eventually get to summer this year!

xoxo