Wednesday, April 16, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 4, PAGE 16

All of Spring proclaims the

Hope God gives our hearts

Acceptance of one's life has nothing to do with resignation; it does not mean running away from the struggle. On the contrary it means accepting it as it comes. . . .

To accept is to say yes to life in its entirety.

Paul Tournier

When we accept life, we see its beauty more fully and we appreciate all that it's given us much more deeply.

GOOD MORNING !

Believe it or not for the 3rd day in a row the sun will shine in Northern Ohio. It’s been a long long time since we had that! I am feeling the benefits of it too. It is still not very warm, but that will soon come too.

This is OVER THE HUMP DAY and now we can slide right into the weekend. Tomorrow is my last day of work this week as I have vacation on Friday. I still don’t have my lap top so there won’t be any journal entries from me on Friday or Saturday. Hopefully Sunday evening I’ll be able to enter some more pictures for you.

This weekend we’ll all be doing more to set up our campsite just the way we want it. I know that DS#1 says he has some flowers to plant and I’m sure DD and her hubby will want to build a deck for their camper. It will be a busy weekend for sure.

It’s nice that once we get everything done, we’ll just be able to go there and sit back and relax. That is one of the blessings of having a permanent campsite. Years ago we traveled around and camped a lot of different places, but that involves a lot of work and I’m more into rest, so having this place is just what I needed.

We could still travel if we want. These campers have wheels and a good truck will pull them anywhere you’d want to go, but I think sitting tight in my little place in the woods will do me just fine. Besides that, I don’t own a truck.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

The best things are nearest: breath in your nostrils,

light in your eyes, flowers at your feet,

duties at your hand, the path of God just before you.

Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain,

common work as it comes, certain that daily duties

and daily bread are the sweetest things of life.

Robert Louis Stevenson

In this season of renewal and rejuvenation

May your spirit soar high and

May you be blessed

Not just today, but always.

Wishing you a beautiful SPRING !

MA

 

 

graphics by:  

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that you have not had the easiest winter and spring so far, but I love your positive atitude, it's wonderful to hear these words every monring.  Thank you so much hope you have a great day.  Joni

Anonymous said...

I think it will be lots of fun sharing things with your sons and dil at the campsite.  I wish more families could take time to get together like that.
Glad you are getting some relief from the cold.

Anonymous said...

You enjoy that vacation...hugs and love.
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you guys were heading out again this weekend. I agree with you....it's nice to have a permanent place to come and relax. You can just leave things set up as you like. I know you will enjoy getting it set up like you want. Don't overdue it and get tired from your vacation!
Looking forward to more pictures!  
Hugs...Pam xoxox

Anonymous said...

I'd like sitting in the same place in the woods too.  I can't wait to see what it lloks like when you all get settled.
\
Hollie

Anonymous said...

Sure you will have lots of fun at the camp site and it looks wonderful. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

'Besides I dont own a truck lol ',Enjoy your home from home it will be so good to be with the family ,but have your own space ..love Jan xx