Friday, April 25, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 4, PAGE 25

All of Spring proclaims the Hope

God gives our hearts

The way I see it, if you want the rainbow,

you gotta put up with the rain.

Dolly Parton

Life's too short and beautiful to look at darkly and hopelessly, so do your best to see it brightly, and share that brightness with others, and you'll see how much of a change you'll go through.

 

GOOD MORNING

Sometimes the news is all about what is wrong with this old world of ours and because that is what we hear about, we begin to think everything is going wrong in the world. The truth is there are still good and beautiful people and things in our world .

I try to always dwell on the positive side of life and if something or some one gets me down I try to avoid them. Negativism is a terrible thing. It can take over our minds until that is all we can think about sometimes. If we can just find one happy thought and think about it for awhile, everything suddenly becomes much brighter.

After reading the article about wind chimes that I had in my entry yesterday, I went shopping at lunch time on Thursday and tried to find some small wind chimes to hang in my car, but had no success. I’ll have to keep looking because it really sounds like a good idea to me. I found lots of large ones, but the car really needs some little ones.

I have them on my porch and often hear them blowing in the wind, and I think I need more of them in my life. They will be calming as I take the long drive to the camper each weekend and also on the ride to work each day.

My work was all finished when I left work yesterday so today will be one of those slow long ones I fear. All my files are in order so there is nothing to do…I even vacuumed the office already this week. I think it must be a ‘TRIP TO THE BEACH DAY!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Let your hopes,

not your hurts,

shape your future.

Robert H. Schuller

In this season of renewal and rejuvenation

May your spirit soar high and

May you be blessed

Not just today, but always.

Wishing you a beautiful SPRING !

MA

 

 

graphics by:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here it is Friday and though you have cleared up your work ,and it will be a long day ,it wont be tense rushing to get things done , and you can go off tomorrow to your lovely camper wheyyyy .love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

You're right about focusing on the good instead of the bad.  Though at times it is hard.  I love windchimes too.  The sounds is so comforting & relaxing.  Focus on that camper today & maybe the day will go by faster.

Hollie

Enjoy your weekend.

Anonymous said...

I am finding it very hard to let my hopes not my hurts shape my future right now,I can see though if I take heed from your wonderful words here,I am sure THINGS will change.Thankyou this posting as already got me thinking on the positive side.So happy to read you are all cleared up and that the weekend ahead is a bright sunny one for you at your lovely camping ground.I hope you find a small windchime for the car.Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES.

Anonymous said...

You are so right about negativity taking over your life. It sure can!! EASILY!

Try Walgreens for the tiny chimes. I've found them there and they are 3 for $10 here. Hope you get them soon.
Hugs..Pam

Anonymous said...

Yes, I know what you mean. The windchimes are a cute idea. Wishing you a blessed weekend. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

All done at work.... that will never happen at my job, lol....
Linda :)