Thursday, August 9, 2007

CHAPTER 8, PAGE 9

A story for you today….

You came home cranky because a deadline got moved up. She came home grumpy because the day care forgot to give your five-year-old her throat medicine. Each of you was wanting a little sympathy from the other, but neither got any. So there you sit at the dinner table - cranky and grumpy - with little Emily.

Emily folds her hands to pray (as she has been taught), and the two of you bow you heads (but not your hearts) and listen. From where this prayer comes, God only knows.

"God, it's Emily. How are you? I'm fine, thank you. Mom and Dad are mad. I don't know why. We've got birds and toys and mash potatoes and each other. Maybe you can get them to stop being mad? Please do, or it's just gonna be you and me having any fun tonight. Amen."

The prayer is answered before it's finished; you both look up in the middle and laugh at the end and shake your heads and say you're sorry. And you both thank God for the little voice who reminded you about what matters.

Source: "He Still Moves Stones," by Max Lucado

GOOD MORNING !

I do like Max Lucado. He has a lot of good messages to impart. I remember long ago when there was a house full of 9 of us including me. If ‘ma’ was having a bad day, there wasn’t anyone having a good day. I made sure they all knew I was unhappy and they’d sneak around on tippy toes and try to avoid me.

My DDH even told the babes not to mind ‘ma’ as shewas going through the change. Then I’d really boil and simmer. DDH never bothered to argue with me. He never raised his voice to me. He was the most laid back man I’ve ever known. He taught me a lot about life.

The first and foremost was who to place my trust in. His belief in God was the most important part of his life. If God wasn’t already the most important thing in mine, I soon learned to follow DDH’s lead. We could pray together and that was sooooo important.

Our family life was hectic, and bumpy to say the least, but we always knew we’d pull through. DDH was that voice that always reminded me what truly matters.

It is THANKFULLY Thursday once more and I mustn’t forget to give you my list of what I’m thankful for this week.

I’m so thankful for 2 loving and caring sisters

I’m so thankful for the good health of myself and my family

I’m thankful for the ability to get up and go each morning

I’m thankful for kind friends who never fail to cheer me up

I’m thankful for sun and the rain without which we could not survive.

I’m thankful for the car that starts every morning and gets me safely to destination

I’m thankful too, for that guardian angel that always guards my way

Thanks be to the good Lord who hears and answers every prayer. Now I’m off to work. Only one more day of this work week after today ! Amen!

  THOUGHT FOR TODAY

We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same.

Anne Frank

 May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

 

graphics by:  www.untilthengraphics.com

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I'm thankful for your uplifting journal entries each morning!! Linda

Anonymous said...

it is true that momma leads the home but sometimes the family has to not berate her and belittle her and I see that so much now days of a lot of moms and some days mom needs lifting up not being cranky with but yes sometimes we just have to buck it up and be smily anway. we do make the home

Anonymous said...

I never share a bad day or bad times with my family,as when they were tiny and I had them times ,they were sad too.How many times they have reminded me  over the years as they have grown.I simply ask God to get me through every day whatever it has in store for me, and I believe he listens well.God is Good.Lovely posting.I hope you get a few smiles today and the weather is perfect for you.A little cooler here today,in my part of England.Almost the end of the week now and
yes, then you can have them two days well earned rest,you so much deserve.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasnd/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Amen, to what Linda said, I too am thankful for you.  It is hard raising kids and mothers have lots of bad days, but somehow most of us made it through.  I think
mothers of today have it harder than we did in some ways.  After today you only have one more day till rest, that will feel really good.  Joni

Anonymous said...

We have been watching comedian Jeff Allen, he is so funny, and has a video Happy Wife Happy Life... His father told him when he got married, he had two choices, to be right or to be happy, he says now he is a happy happy man, lol.....
Linda :)