Tuesday, August 14, 2007

CHAPTER 8, PAGE 14

 

A BEAUTIFUL REMINDER

I woke up this morning and knew that today,

the sun would not be shinning and the clouds would be gray.

As I stepped outside, rain fell upon my head.

My car wouldn't start so I walked instead.

I dropped my head in disgust and asked the Lord

 for one request. "Lord, why is it that things won't go my way?"

He gently replied,

 "Dear child it is because you didn't thank me yesterday."

I woke you up and enabled you to see the sun again.

I gave you shelter, protected your family,

and even let you make a new friend.

I blessed you far greater than ever before.

But you were too busy to thank me once more

 You didn't feel sick because I maintained your health,

 You had money in your pocket

 becaue I maintained your wealth.

You had shoes on your feet and clothes to wear, too.

You had plenty of food to eat, and what did you do?

You ignored me and went about your tasks.

But when you wanted something you never hesitated to ask.

I was there when you needed me,

and that wasn't too long ago,

But when things started going your way,

it was me you did not know.

As if that weren't enough,

I provided your favorite luxuries,

This was something I didn't have to do,

they weren't even necessities.

And when it was time to get on your knees

and show your gratitude,

You decided that after such a fulfilling day,

you weren't in the mood.

So I decided to give you just a little test,

To show you how it would feel to stop being blessed.

I began to realize what the Lord was saying

And when I got home,

I fell to my knees and started praying.

He said, "My child, you have learned

and you know I do forgive,

But remember to remember this day as long as you shall live.

 I love filling your life with joy,

and your pain I'll alleviate it,

but Just a simple thank you would show

how much you appreciate it."

author unknown

GOOD MORNING !

I am still sipping that good coffee and trying very hard to wake up . I’m definitely that person that needed a little reminder this morning. I’ve go so much to be grateful for that I shouldn’t regret being up so early in the morning, but I do feel as though a few extra hours of sleep might have been helpful.

The week ahead looks to be a pretty quiet one here. Only work is on my calendar each day. Come Saturday, though , DS#1 and his family are supposed to come for the day. I haven’t seen them since the 4th of July weekend so it’ll be good to have them.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Climb till your dream comes true

often your tasks will be many,

and more than you think you can do. . .

Often the road will be rugged

 and the hills insurmountable, too. . .

But always remember, the hills ahead

Are never as steep as they seem,

And with FAITH in your heart start upward

And climb 'till you reach your dream,

For nothing in life that is worthy

Is ever too hard to achieve

If you have the courage to try it

And you have the FAITH to believe…

For FAITH is a force that is greater

Than knowledge or power or skill

And many defeats turn to triumph

If you trust in GOD"S wisdom and will

For Faith is a mover of mountains,

There's nothing that God cannot do,

So start out today with Faith in your heart

And "CLIMB "TILL YOUR DREAM COMES TRUE"!

Helen Steiner Rice

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all need to thank Him for all of our blessings each day. Very nice entry. I hope you have a wonderful day!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Another one of my favourite HSR's .I am happy to read you will have family visiting you come the week/end.How nice will that be for you.I decided to take those couple of extra hours today for a change,and I must admit.It felt good.I hope you gather a few smiles today and the weather is kind to you.We have rain today.Have a lovely Tuesday take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

glad your getting your family this weekend. I know that will be a bright spot in your routine

Anonymous said...

Nice to look forward to a visit from your family ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Have a nice time with your family.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

Perfect entry for me today!  I had to take my car in for an overdue tune-up and I was blown away by the cost.  But, I had another ride, my car works great now, I was able to pay for it, I got to work on time, I had a good day, etc. etc.!!  I think you get the idea!!  Have fun with your family!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Your journal is very up-lifting. Good read. God bless, Janie