Saturday, August 4, 2007

CHAPTER 8, PAGE 4

Laughter has no foreign accent.

Paul Lowney

All over the world laughter speaks the same language and accent. It is always good to hear someone laughing, smiling or chuckling.

GOOD MORNING !

I’m smiling this morning for sure. It’s Saturday and I don’t have to rush off to work this morning.

Dear Lord,

So far today, God, I've done all right. I haven't gossiped, haven't lost my temper, haven't been greedy; grumpy, nasty, selfish, or over-indulgent. I'm very thankful for that. But in a few minutes, God, I'm going to get out of bed. And from then on, I'm probably going to need a lot more help.

Amen

I love the little prayer above, because it is so true. All those things are problems I deal with every day. I really do need a lot of help.

Sometimes the seriousness of life can bog us down. Lots and lots of troubles in this old world of ours and so I’m sitting here smiling and hoping the good Lord blesses me with enough Sunshine today to make the world seem a brighter place to be.

When you think about it to be truly human and to be an encouraging type of person you need to have a good sense of humor.

Chuck Swindoll in the forward to the book Choosing The Amusing wrote, "Of all the things God created, I am often most grateful that he created laughter. How I love to have fun! In all honesty, I can hardly imagine a day spent without at least a few moments(preferably many) of sidesplitting laughter...either alone or with someone who can enjoy them as much as I.

Henry Ward Beecher put it this way: "A man without mirth is like a wagon without springs. He is jolted by every pebble in the road."

Laughter can keep a tense situation from ending in bitter words or hard feelings. Laughter is fundamentally an act of celebrating existence. Laughter is an expression both of enjoyment and of thanksgiving

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Give us a sense of humor, Lord,

Give us the grace to laugh and smile;

But check our lips from needless jest

That what we speak may be worthwhile.

Anon.

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes this is all so true. Its been s tressful week thatI am glad is over were it not for a few smiles here and there then we would be out for the count

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the further out of bed we get the more prayer we need.  LOL

Anonymous said...

I realized the other day KLOVE doesn't have Chuck Swindoll on any more in the morning where he would do a little thought for the day... I miss him....
Enjoy your Saturday!!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Loved this posting but as you know my name is laughing Kath,as I do it plenty. I try to make sometone laugh everyday of my life.If there snot anyone around to laugh with I find something to make me laugh.It's by far the best medicine out.I hope  something comes along and gives you a good laugh this week/end. ENJOY IT .Love the graphic abov which made me laugh,so thankyou for that one.LOL!! Have a lovely Sunday.Take Care God Bless.Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

And this entry has made me LAUGH (Maxine) and warmed my heart!  Thank you.  Happy weekend!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Thank You

Anonymous said...

Isn`t it rue about the laughter?! I so love a great sense of humor.
I just read your comment in my journal and it`s the same way here weatherwise - the late evening has turned out to be surprisingly pleasant!
HUgs
Penny

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this entry...hugs and love,
Joyce