Saturday, August 11, 2007

CHAPTER 8, PAGE 11

 

The real enemies of our life are the "oughts" and the "ifs."

They pull us backward into the unalterable past and forward into the unpredictable future. But real life takes place in the here and now.

God is a God of the present. God is always in the moment, be the moment hard or easy, joyful or painful.

Henri J.M. Nouwen

Celebrate what you want to see more of.

           Thomas Peters

 

GOOD MORNING !

I’m celebrating Saturday. It’s a great morning and looks to be one of those perfect summer days. Not too hot and not too cold, just right.

I’ll be doing a little around the house this morning and then hope to get out and do some shopping this afternoon. My good cup of coffee may turn into 2 or 3 as I fully intend to take advantage of a quiet morning and enjoy my computer for a while. It’s so good not to have to rush around and go off to work.

Today is one I’d definitely like to see more of.

  THOUGHT FOR TODAY

The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.

Oprah Winfrey

 May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by:  www.untilthengraphics.com

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy your Saturday! I sure wish I were able to relax this morning...but I'm off to work!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a beautiful day!  Hubby and I are getting ready to head out to our first jewelry-making class.  Today we're supposed to learn how to cut and polish cabachons.  Wheee!!  Happy day!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Have a great day!!!
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

yes today is a bit cooler thankfully

Anonymous said...

I feel exactly the same this morning.  Company is gone, sun is out and I don't have one thing planned, will go by ear.  Maybe just read on the deck.  You have a great one, Joni

Anonymous said...

I have had a lovely day today.Our walking and relaxing again.Posted an entry at t/time and Had a very enjoyable Saturday.Catching up on a few alerts now.Though feeling a little tired at this time now.I am happy to read you are enjoying your Satuday rest day.May you get a few smiles today.I hope you have a blessed Sunday too.The weather here has been just perfct as well.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES