Sunday, August 5, 2007

CHAPTER 8, PAGE 5

When I just keep quiet

And think only thoughts of peace

And if I abide in stillness,

My restless murmurings cease

Helen Steiner Rice

Be still, and know that I am God.

Psalm 46:10

Good Morning

If anyone has quiet times , it is me for sure. I have so many of them I even forget how to talk sometimes. I do talk to myself and to God a lot. If talking to God is a prayer, I say lots of them.

He, God that is, is a constant for me. He is always there, He knows my thoughts and what I do, He probably knows what I will pray for long before I do. He is my comforter and lends me His hand each step of every day.

It is R & R day once more and I’ll be going off to church as always. I’ll be singing his praises and joining in with all the others in prayer. This hour always does refresh and renew me . I thank God for another week and I depend on His help for the next.

You all are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope that somehow you are refreshed and renewed too. Be considerate of yourself. Take time to think quietly and peacefully and enjoy the serenity that emerges.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

I wish for ... nothing but wonderful things to come to you.

In your life, which is so precious to me,

may troubles, worries, and problems never linger;

may they only make you that much stronger

and able and wise.

And may you rise each day with sunlight in your heart,

success in your path, answers to your prayers,

and that smile ... ...that I love to see ...

 always there - - - in your eyes.

Carey Martin

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart

MA

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

quiet times are sure nice I see the good morning sunshine  tag love the peeky bear

Anonymous said...

I love quiet times to reflect -- especially on my blessings.  Have a Blessed Sunday!  Linda

Anonymous said...

I have spent many many hours alone too.So I do know how you feel.Especially since my move here to the coast.Though I do thank God for the move.I am sure now he put me in the right place for my retirement and answered my prayers.What a lovely posting this is.Lovely thought for today.I hope you are blessed with a few smiles today too and sunshine to warm your heart or rain if needed.Have blessed Sunday evening.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journalx
s.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Hope you are having a lovely day.  Its nice that you can always find company with us.  I am sorry I have not commented for a while but have got myself very far behind on all the alerts.  I hope you are well dear friend.  Hugs, Terry x

Anonymous said...

The older i get the more i like the quiet, but getting it is another thing.  Thank goodness God finds us in the noise as well.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

This came at a time when I really needed it.  THANK YOU