Monday, August 27, 2007

CHAPTER 8, PAGE 27

Cheerful thoughts like sunbeams

Lighten up the darkest fears

For when the heart is happy

There’s just no time for tears.

Helen Steiner Rice

A glad heart makes a cheerful countenance, but by sorrow of heart the spirit is broken.

Proverbs 15:13

GOOD MORNING !

It’s Monday already and I really think today will be less work for me than the weekend was. By the time it was over I felt like SUPER WOMAN ! The weekends always fly by and I’m sure that even if I had one more day, there would still be plenty to do.

The good news is that this is a four day work week for me and then I’ll have a glorious 4 day weekend. I’ve got the ***BIG SMILE*** on and will share it with all I meet today !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Whatever you give away today or think, or say, or do

Will multiply about tenfold, and then return to you

It may not come immediately nor from the obvious source

But the LAW applies unfailingly through some invisible force

Whatever you feel about another be it love,or hate, or passion

Will surely bounce right back to you in some clear or secret fashion

If you speak about some person a word of praise or two

Soon tons of other people will speak kind words to you

Our thoughts are broadcasts of the soul not secrets of the brain

Kind ones bring us happiness petty ones, untold pain

Giving works as surely as reflections in the mirror

If hate you send, hate you'll get back but loving brings loving nearer

Remember as you start this day and duty crowds your mind

That kindness comes so quickly back to those who first are kind

Let that thought and this one direct you through each day

Never forget that the only things we ever keep are the things we give away

Author Unknown

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

P.S. Once again I'm unable to add any graphics this morning, hopefully it'll work later on...we'll see...

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah yes the up coming weekend is great I holiday at HOME With relaxed leisurely things to do

Anonymous said...

oh yes the weekends go by way to fast that is for sure. Yeah on the 4 day week. Have a wonderful day and hopefully the graphics will be working later on.

Anonymous said...

I think this goes with "Do unto others as we would have them do unto you".  Oh only 4 work days should go fast, then you can relax with stay home days.  Joni

Anonymous said...

I hope your week goes fast so you can enjoy the long weekend ahead!
Pam

Anonymous said...

I loved this verse so so much.It doesn't cost anything to be kind.The long weekend over the pond here is this weekend.Everyone is off work today(Monday) it is our August Bank Holiday weekend.The town I live in packed with tourists and visitors and God has blessed them all this weekend with beautiful sunshine.Oh how happy I have been to see the little children with there family on the beach.Smiles have been abundant.I hope you have a lovely day with lots of smiles coming your way and the weather is kind to you too.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

What a lovely cheery poem ,four days off ,sounds great ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I don't think a womans work is ever done. lol Very wise words. Have a wonderful week. Janie