Sunday, August 26, 2007

CHAPTER 8, PAGE 26

I have learned that if you must leave a place

That you have lived in and loved,

And where all of your yesterdays are buried deep -

Leave it any way except slow;

Leave it the fastest way you can.

Never turn back and believe that an hour you remember

Is a better hour because it is dead.

Past years seem safe ones, vanquished ones,

While the future lives in a cloud,

formidable from a distance.

The cloud clears though, as you enter it.

I have learned this, but like everyone,

I learned it late.

Beryl Markham, 1902-1986 English-born Author, Aviator and Race Horse Trainer

GOOD MORNING !

I've not lived many places that I hated to leave as I lived in my hometown most of my life and all that's familiar and dear is right where I'm at.  But I have a great love of where my grandparents lived in the hills of West Virginia.  The beauty of the country side and the love of my grandparents remains with me in my heart.

This weekend was our family reunion there and as has happened so often in the past I was unable to attend.  My daughter's moving and school starting has prevented me from going.  I won't travel that far alone and had no one to go with as all the babes are either teachers or parents with children going back to school and this weekend was a busy one for them all.

The hills and valleys, the runs and creeks, the rock cliffs and dirt roads have changed over the years, but the they still could take me home to be place where I belong....

 

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

A smile is nature's best antidote for discouragement.

It brings rest to the weary,

Sunshine to those who are frowning,

And hope to those who are hopeless and defeated.

A smile is so valuable that it can't be bought,

Begged, borrowed, or taken away against your will.

You have to be willing to give a smile away

Before it can do anyone else any good.

So if someone is too tired or grumpy

to flash you a smile,

Let him have one of yours anyway.

Nobody needs a smile as much

As the person who has none to give.

Dale Carnegie

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by:  www.untilthengraphics.com

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

''Home is where the heart is'' Pam ,have a blessed Sunday ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I have been a "silent" reader of your Journal.  You have a very nice journal.  I enjoy reading your what you have to say here.  
From my heart to yours with peace and love...Gloria, Kevin's mom

Anonymous said...

I love the saying "Bloom Where You're Planted".  I try to remember it when I want to go "home" and can't.  Have a blessed Sunday.  Linda (Friday's Child)

Anonymous said...

I love this song by John Denver, It is one of my old time favourites.

Almost heaven, West Virginia
Blue ridge mountains
Shenandoah river -
Life is old there
Older than the trees
Younger than the mountains
Growin like a breeze

Country roads, take me home
To the place I belong
West Virginia, mountain momma
Take me home, country roads

I am so sorry to read you couldn't go.What a shame.Still knowone can take away these wonderful memories.I am sending you a smile accross th epond and I hope the weather is good to you Today and you enjoyed your morning in Church.Take Care Gos Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Wish you could have gone to the reunion.  But memories hold firm.  I'm sorry I'm not here more often to read.  Soon classes will be over and my journal rounds will come more often!!  I always thank you and appreciate your comments on mine and feel bad that I'm not reading journals more often.  Yours is in my favorite zone though!!!  So when I do read, you are one of the first.  LOL
Sonya

Anonymous said...

Sorry you weren't able to attend the reunion... hope someone will be able to email you some photos and family updates....
Have a good Monday!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

cool love to ehar families having reunions it seems to be a fading thing

Anonymous said...

Very nice entry. Have a wonderful week. Janie :-)