Thursday, August 2, 2007

CHAPTER 8, PAGE 2

Ain’t It Fine Today

Sure, this world is full of trouble-- I ain't said it ain't.

Lord! I've had enough, an' double, Reason for complaint.

Rain an' storm have come to fret me, Skies were often gray;

Thorns an' brambles have beset me

On the road--but, say, Ain't it fine to-day?

What's the use of always weepin', Makin' trouble last?

What's the use of always keepin' Thinkin' of the past?

Each must have his tribulation, Water with his wine.

Life it ain't no celebration. Trouble?

I've had mine-- But to-day is fine.

It's today that I am livin', Not a month ago,

Havin', losin', takin', givin', As time wills it so.

Yesterday a cloud of sorrow

Fell across the way; It may rain again to-morrow,

It may rain--but, say, Ain't it fine to-day!

Douglas Malloch

GOOD MORNING !

I do hope you are able to wake up with a SMILE today. Yesterday might have been a bad one, but today is a fresh start. We can leave yesterday behind and begin again each new day.

You know all my days are never full of SUNSHINE and SMILES for sure, but this journal is all about GOOD MORNINGS!

I left all that stuff that I didn’t like about yesterday behind and I’m hoping for nothing but the best today. When I think about all the wonderful things in the universe, how can I be anything but happy.

Yesterday on my way to work I was heading west. I had this huge red ball in the sky in my rear view mirror and just ahead of me to the south west a little was the waning full moon. I just thought it was terrific to be seeing both at the same time.

I’m just a small little dot on the map for sure, but I’ve been so blessed that maybe I can share a little of my enthusiasm for life with you today. I've got my ***BIG SMILE*** on and am off to work…we’ll see how many smiles I’ll find today….

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Start each day with happy attitudes. Smile, laugh!

 Fun and healthy thoughts aren't merely for children, you know -- or for the rich -- or the happy go lucky. You need fun and laughter almost as much as you need food!

Perhaps each day seems alike .. gray and grim. You are irritated by little things, you drag yourself to do one task to another. You aren't really sick but you're far from feeling well ..

It is not hard work that drains off your energy but emotional upheaval, those unguarded thoughts that robs you from happy attitude and pleasant, peaceful mind.

Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry. Live simply, expect little but give much. Fill your life with love. Scatter sunshine. Forget self and think of others.

 Do as you would be done by.

Author Unknown

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics from:  www.moonandback.com

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes some days GODS sure does make pretty colors well every day but somedays he blesses us greatly

Anonymous said...

How lovely for you to have the view of the moon and the sun.I loved the verse of
DM above and I love your words this morning too.I think you already know I try to do as you are saying.Smile and the world smiles with you.Thats me Laughing Kath Haaa. I certainly hope you get lots of smiles today you would if I were around, I can assure you .I also hope you get a little sunshine too and a few drops of rain at the same time.Lovely graphic at the top.It is so sweet.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Beautiful entry...hope youir midweek goes well...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Your entry is the last one I'm reading before getting ready for work this morning and I have to tell you how much better I feel after reading it. You really make me feel good with what you write.
Have a good day.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Well, I couldn't get into the journals for some reason this morning so I wasn't able to read this until tonight.  But that's okay because it's a great way to end the day too!  I love your inspirational entries.  And this picture is adorable!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Little blessings of nature mean a lot.  Like a rainbow, a sunset, a sunrise, a pretty cloud formation, birds, butterflies, a pretty garden.  :-)