Thursday, August 30, 2007

CHAPTER 8, PAGE 30

Remember to be gentle with yourself and others.

We are all children of chance and none can say

why some fields will blossom while others lay

brown beneath the August sun.

Care for those around you. Look past your differences.

Their dreams are no less than yours,

their choices no more easily made.

And give, give in any way you can, of whatever you posses.

To give is to love. To withhold is to wither.

Care less for your harvest than for how it is shared

and your life will have meaning

and your heart will have peace.

Ken Nerburn American Author, Artist and Theologian

GOOD MORNING !

I’m not familiar with the Authors in either of the quotes today, but I felt their words were worth sharing. We often forget about what others may be going through when we are having a rough time.

None of us can know what is really in a person’s heart. Being gentle and kind never hurts no matter the situation And as you will read in the Thought for Today - lifting my heart to heaven is something I do everyday.

Today is the end of the work week for me. The piles on the desk will once again be cleared away and order restored in the office. Next week will be another short 4 day week and for that I’m truly thankful.

It is THANKFUL THURSDAY so I will make my list for you all to see and thank our dear Lord for all His many blessings.

I’m thankful that today will be a cooler one.

I’m thankful for the good health of my family and myself

I’m thankful for Holiday weekends

I’m thankful for friends and family to have celebrations with.

I’m thankful for my job

And I’m most thankful for all of you !

Thought For Today

Refuse to fall down.

If you cannot refuse to fall down,

refuse to stay down.

If you cannot refuse to stay down,

 lift your heart toward heaven,

and like a hungry beggar,

ask that it be filled, and it will be filled.

You may be pushed down.

You may be kept from rising.

But no one can keep you from

lifting your heart toward heaven...

Clarissa Pinkola Estés Author ofWomen Who Run With The Wolves

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

P.S. I came back and added the Sub Title that Lori reminded me I forgot today.  Sorry if you got another alert .

 

graphics by: www.untilthengraphics.com

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes Iam truly thankful ,good luck with the painting tomorrow lol ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I miss the subtitle telling me how far in we are to the year lol how funny such a little thing. great entry on how we handle daily things

Anonymous said...

I try to be patient with people who behave out of character in a negative way thinking that there must be something going on in their life that is hurting or upsetting them.  Well, got to get ready for work.  I know I'll be working late today because I'm off work tomorrow and next week and my boss is in panic mode.  Guess I should be flattered.  Oh, well!!  Have a great day!  Linda (Friday's Child)

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful we finally got some rain today with lightening and thunder too....
Enjoy your four days off!!!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I think everyone has bad times and some worse than others. Helps to have someone encourage you. Those are beautiful quotes. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

You got to love those 4 day weeks, I remember how that was.  You really are a special person, and I hope you have the best weekend.  Joni