Monday, August 20, 2007

CHAPTER 8, PAGE 20

Blessed are they...

By Ken Standly

Blessed are they who serve unselfishly, for they shall be esteemed and honored.

Blessed are they who join with others to accomplish goals and dreams, for they shall be rewarded with abiding love and friendship.

Blessed are they who listen, for they shall be sought out and admired above all others.

Blessed are they who do not strive to dominate, for they shall win everlasting cooperation, warmth, and companionship.

Blessed are they who do not use love and companionship for ulterior purposes, for they shall be cherished as valued companions.

Blessed are they who do not look for perfection in others, for they shall be accepted and loved.

Blessed are they who see potential in others, for they shall be stimulating and attractive companions.

Blessed are they who settle differences as they arise, for they shall keep relationships free from misunderstandings.

Blessed are they who refuse to look for slights, for they shall feel loved and secure.

Blessed are they who help others help themselves, for they shall be loved and admired as wise mentors.

GOOD MORNING !

When I was growing up, I was blessed by a few dear people that gave me some very astute advice and I’ll never forget them. I think we all need a special person in our lives from time to time to help us along the way.

Now that I’m older, I don’t find very many people older than my self to give me those words of wisdom that I often need. So, I find myself turning to God in prayer more and more. I get up in the morning and I pray, I leave for work and I pray, I find difficulties during the day and I pray…

Whenever something good happens in my life, no matter how insignificant it might seem to be, I pray, “Thank you, Lord.” It doesn’t mean the event or situation is “religious.” I’ll express thanks for small things like a good meal or even a safe journey home from work.

And whenever I need help or find myself experiencing difficulty, even in the smallest situation, I pray, “Lord, help me.” No matter what it might be that I need. “Help, Lord” is just a two-word prayer, but it is an earnest petition to God. You would be surprised how often there is opportunity each day to pray.

In "Wringing Our Hands or Resting Our Hearts?" Mary Lou Redding describes her tendency to worry to a friend. Her friend replied back with the gentle tease, "Well of course! Why pray when you can worry?" Mary Lou said that caused her to reflect on what worrying says about how she approaches her daily situations in life.

Her words cause me to reflect as well. I’m far from perfect and very often need some guidance and I know the help will always come and I am blessed more than I can say.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Hold your eyes on God and leave the doing to him. That is all the doing you have to worry about.

Saint Jeanne de Chantal (1572-1641)

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by: www.untilthengraphics.com

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats a good one why pray when you can worry ??????

Anonymous said...

Bless you ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely posting once again.You are blessed.We all are,and it doesn't take no time at all to pray and say Thankyou Lord.Ihope you get a few smiles today and a little bit of sunshine too .Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Beautiful words and words of wisdom. I heard Chuck Swindal say those words one time. May your day also be blessed with smiles and sunshine. Many blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

Wonderful guiding words to help remind me what I need to do always!  Thanks!  Hope you're having a great Monday!  Linda

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a good Monday.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I had people when I was younger that always made me feel blessed. My mom then and now always makes me feel blessed that I have the most wonderfu mom in the world. My grandparents were awesome too.

Anonymous said...

On my way to and from work, I always pray for the people I see riding bicycles to have a safe journey.....
Have a blessed week!
Linda :)