Sunday, August 19, 2007

CHAPTER 8, PAGE 19

Help all people everywhere

Who must often dwell apart

To know that they’re together

In the haven of the heart

Helen Steiner Rice

Today, even though loved ones are miles away, remember them with prayers and fond recollections

Good Morning !

My children are scattered here and there and I hope they all know that they are in my thoughts and prayers each day. I had such a hard time of it when they all left home. Being close in age, it seemed like there was one after another leaving.

They were all so close to each other that I know it was a little hard on them too, not to have that closeness day in and day out..

I’ve adapted as we all must do to the changes in our lives, but I’ve never have a day go by without having said those prayers and trusting in our good Lord to take good care of them all.

Thankfully I had a great visit yesterday with DS#1, his wife and their 3 children. It will be just a couple of weeks now til I go to visit them at the campground on Labor Day weekend.

As usual this is my R & R day and will be praying for all of you ! I’m praying too for those in peril from the hurricane, from the forest fires, and from the extreme heat wave some are experiencing. Lots and lots to pray about this weekend and lots to give thanks for too !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

But friendship is precious,

not only in the shade,

but in the sunshine of life;

and thanks to a benevolent

arrangement of things,

the greater part of life is sunshine.

Thomas Jefferson

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by: www.untilthengraphics.com

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so blessed to have caring familys ,I join you in praying for the hurricane victims ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Have a blessed day!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Dropping by to wish you and yours a very blessed Sunday!!  Linda (Friday's Child)

Anonymous said...

I can relate to you about the leaving home of all the family ,one at a time.I still miss them around so so much.I pray the same too each and every day and night.Always in my thoughts.i jope you have enjoyed there stay with you.So much to pray for in this world today too true.Another lovely HSR once more I love.I hope you have a lovely restful Sunday.ENJOY.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Have you heard the song "Always Be A Child"? It has beautiful words. Helped me to understand that God was there when we were born just like when we gave birth to our child. Mine will always be a child in my eyes. Still call them kids!! lol Hope you had a very blessed day, Janie

Anonymous said...

catching up on journals after camping. I agree seems like things move so fast as they age and become less dependant on us

Anonymous said...

Your mentioned your plans for Labor Day --- where did the summer go?  Have a great Monday.  Phyllis