Thursday, August 16, 2007

CHAPTER 8, PAGE 16

IF YOU WERE BUSY

If you were busy being kind,

Before you knew it you would find

You'd soon forget to think 'twas true

That someone was unkind to you.

If you were busy being glad

And cheering people who seem sad,

Although your heart might ache a bit,

You'd soon forget to notice it.

If you were busy being good,

And doing just the best you could,

You'd not have time to blame some man

Who's doing just the best he can.

If you were busy being true

To what you know you ought to do,

You'd be so busy you'd forget

The blunders of the folks you've met.

If you were busy being right,

You'd find yourself too busy quite

To criticize your brother long,

Because he's busy being wrong.

Author unknown

GOOD MORNING !

I am a busy person and most of the time there are never enough hours in my day. I love to do so many things, that is is very hard to pick and choose. What few hours that are leftever after work go by so fast that priorities always come first.

I’ve found that making a list does help, but when I forget where I put the list I’m in trouble. The planner book I bought just for such things as these, seems to always be in my purse in the other room. Now if I could tie that book around my neck it would be a good thing for sure.

Perfection is not one of my traits and I often let a lot go, just to do what I think is essential. What is imperative to others, rarely seems to be important to me.

I try very hard not to criticize or judge other people. Like the poem above most of the time I am too busy trying to keep myself on track, that I don’t have time to think about what someone is doing. The only things that I’m never too busy to do is to thank the good Lord for all his blessings and to pray for those in need. Those are two of my precedence’s each day.

Things I’m THANKFUL for this Thursday

I’m thankful for the cooler days we’ve had

I’m thankful for my health and that of my family

I’m thankful for the new pastor at our church

I’m thankful for critters that always welcome me home each evening

I’m thankful for being able to share a SMILE or two each day with others

And I’m so very THANKFUL for those that share some sunshine and smiles with me too!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

 YOU CAN NEVER TELL

You never can tell when you send a word

Like an arrow shot from a bow

By an archer blind, be it cruel or kind,

Just where it may chance to go.

It may pierce the breast of your dearest friend,

Tipped with its poison or balm,

To a stranger's heart in life's great mart

It may carry its pain or its calm.

You never can tell when you do an act

Just what the result will be,

But with every deed you are sowing a seed,

Though the harvest you may not see.

Each kindly act is an acorn dropped

In God's productive soil;

You may not know, but the tree shall grow

With shelter for those who toil.

You can never tell what your thoughts will do

 In bringing you hate or love,

 For thoughts are things, and their airy wings

Are swifter than carrier doves.

They follow the law of the universe,

Each thing must create its kind,

And they speed o'er the track to bring you back

Whatever went out from your mind.

Author Unknown

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by:  www.graphicgarden.com

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

With love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Oh I do enjoy these lovely verses you present us with each day.I too never seem to have enough hours in a day to do what I would like to do.Still I just thank the good Lord I am here to do whatever I can fit in.I try to do my best and thats all we can do..I hope you get many smiles today and the weather suits you fine too.As for the notes we make.I make them but lose them just as quickly LOL!! Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Golly, I think I'll just start linking your journal to my site because you say what I'm thinking so well!!  Love this entry (as usual)!!  Linda

Anonymous said...

ah my mom thinks its her job to critique as she calls it all things. just this week I sent her a flyer for a thing that is happening that a friend of ours is putting together for a day of prayer and fasting to be city wide and reading the word on the court house steps and for todd to gather all shofars and at a precise time at each street entering the city to blow them for three mintues for a time of repentance. Well anyway........ so my mom gets the flyer and says if you had done it in word  I could have fixed it for you it should say this or that blah blah blah. Im like mom you are not organizing this and its not your flyer it is not up to you to change things on it. She was not a happy camper! Thank GOD I did not do it in word. OR she would  have been having us do who knows what. Its very hard to put your parent in thier place on things like that. As if I dont have enough to deal with.

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful poems. Yes, prayer should be #1 on the list to get through the day. Wishing you smiles, laughter, and cool sunshine today. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

It is difficult finding enough time for things when you work all week. It`s good to keep busy, though. I am also thankful for the cooler temps!!

Hugs
Penny

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful that tomorrow is Friday and I can sleep in on Saturday...
Linda :)