Friday, August 17, 2007

CHAPTER 8, PAGE 17

RULES OF THE OFFICE

If it rings, put it on hold;

If it clanks, call the repairman;

If it whistles, ignore it;

If it's a friend, take a break;

If it's the boss, look busy;

If it talks, take notes;

If it's handwritten, type it;

If it's typed, copy it;

If it's copied, file it;

If it's FRIDAY, forget it!

GOOD MORNING !

Yes, it is finally FRIDAY once more. The stack on my desk is dwindling and by the end of the day the desk will be clean and I’ll have 2 glorious days off !

After that it won’t be long til Labor Day weekend comes at the end of the month. I’ll get 4 days off in a row then, as I took a vacation day too! I know it sounds as if I live for the weekends and most of the time I probably do.

My job is my means to enjoy the necessities of life and the weekends are full of home and family which are usually a little more fun than work.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

To awaken each morning with

a smile brightening my face;

to greet the day with reverence

for the opportunities it contains;

to approach my work with a clean mind;

to hold ever before me,

even in the doing of little things,

the ultimate purpose toward which I am working;

to meet men and women with laughter on my lips

and love in my heart; to be gentle, kind,

and courteous through all the hours;

to approach the night with weariness

that ever woos sleep and the joy

that comes from work well done –

this is how I desire to waste wisely my days.

Thomas Dekker

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah labor day is near. very close. I feel really fall after that

Anonymous said...

Gee, can I ever relate to your message today. I absolutely live for my days off. I work Saturday to Tuesday and then have Wed - Friday off. Having three days off is absolutely glorious and so much better than two --- which is not enough time off to get a decent rest. Yes, my job means a paycheque to me as well, but my time off is my time off to enjoy as I will. I am glad that it is Friday for you. How ironic that you are excited to have the weekend off and tomorrow is my "Monday'. Friday can have different meanings to different people it seems. Now how long before I can retire ?

Anonymous said...

Love your Maxine graphic today.
Have a good weekend.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I am happy it is Frday for you too.Well earned two days rest.Enjoy every minute.We too have the August Bank Holiday Monday off,which is the last Monday of the Month the 27th.Then the following Monday, I will be flying over to the USA for three weeks for my long awaited holiday.Yippee.Enjoy your break.Have a lovely week/end.Take Care God Bless Kath.
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I am really blessed as i work in a christian bookshop and am often inspired by what people have to say.  I do sometimes see the worst in christians as well though.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

You know I still love Fridays even though I'm retired.  I still remember how much I loved them in High School.  Have a great one, Joni

Anonymous said...

Was online and wanted to stop by and say hello. Have a great weekend

Love,
Angela

Anonymous said...

I am lovin' that Maxine!  I may have to "borrow" it!  LOL!  TGIF for sure.  I hate to think I'm wishing my life away but I'm thinking that as long as I'm working, I'll be looking ahead to Fridays!  Today was a double whammy -- Friday AND payday!!  Wheee!  Have a great weekend!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a blessed 2 days off. Great words of wisdom. Blessings, Janie