Sunday, August 12, 2007

CHAPTER 8, PAGE 12

 

An article in National Geographic several years ago provided a penetrating picture of God's wings.

After a forest fire in Yellowstone National Park, forest rangers began their trek up a mountain to assess the inferno's damage. One ranger found a bird literally petrified in ashes, perched statuesquely on the ground at the base of a tree. Somewhat sickened by the eerie sight, he knocked over the bird with a stick.

When he struck it, three tiny chicks scurried from under their dead mother's wings. The loving mother, keenly aware of impending disaster, had carried her offspring to the base of the tree and had gathered them under her wings, instinctively knowing that the toxic smoke would rise. She could have flown to safety but had refused to abandon her babies.

When the blaze had arrived and the heat had singed her small body, the mother had remained steadfast. Because she had been willing to die, those under the cover of her wings would live.

He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust

Psalms 91:4 

 GOOD MORNING !

It’s R & R day once more. I will be going to church for my weekly dose soon and then home again to get ready for another work week.

It’ll be a hot day here as the weather man says it’ll be back up in the 90’s . Some people have been experiencing over 100 degree days, so I guess we are better off than some. I’ll be praying for those suffering in the heat. Not everyone is blessed with air conditioning and the critters that live outdoors suffer too.I hope that everyone can find a shady cool spot to keep comfortable in.

Of course you all are in my prayers as always too.

Lord, just as a flower can radiate its precious beauty and cast its fragrance everywhere. So I ask you to cast the sweet fragrance of your presence over me.

Surround me with your love. Fill me with your healing balm. Enfold me with your peace. Comfort me with your presence. May your fragrance linger in the stillness of my soul. May your healing love renew my very being.

Amen

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Thank You, God, for little things

That often come our way—

The things we take for granted

But don’t mention when we pray

Helen Steiner Rice

 

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA 

 

 

graphics by:  www.moonandbackgraphics.com

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

yup this morning actually had a cool feeling to it first time in a long time I hate it wont continue. ah for me I wish I could stay home on Sundays it so hard it is not R AND R going to services. Im just not a social person

Anonymous said...

With love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a lovely Sunday...enjoy!
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

That story ALWAYS makes me cry.  It is so tragic and yet so beautiful.  Can you believe that some people actually have the gall to say that animals don't have feelings.  They teach us so much.  Have a blessed day and stay cool.  Hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

Aw what a lovely story but a sad one too.Yes there are many wildlife who suffer under these terrible happenings in the world.I hope you enjoy the rest of Sunday,it has been a lovely day here once again,just a short thunderstorm which has cooled the air on our way home. Lovely weather,Just as I like it.The air conditioning is truly a God Send to some people thank goodness, in temps as such you mention.I hope you got  few smiles at church today.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful Sunday!  Joni

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful Sunday!  Joni

Anonymous said...

That story says it all.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

What an amazing story......
Almost Monday... have a good one...
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

love the story. I do often thank God for the little things I have. I hope you have a great Monday.