Saturday, March 31, 2007

CHAPTER 3, PAGE 31

I HOPE YOU DO !

I hope you woke up this morning with a big smile on your face

I hope the sun is shining just for you and the birds are singing their very best songs...

I hope your coffee is hot and tastes just right and the cats are purring contentedly, and the mailman waves a cheery hello and there are no bills in the mailbox...

I hope just everything goes your way ...

I hope everything is well with your world, a place for everything and everything in it's place...

I hope you can enjoy all you do and you are complimented on the way you look and you can laugh and talk and share to your heart's content

I hope you have all you wish for yourself and those dear to you, and all your dreams come true...

At the end of the day I wish you a perfect moon shining just for you, a snug and cozy bed with the softest of pillows and I hope you sleep like a lamb with a smile on your face...

I hope you have a perfect end to the perfect day and

I hope that every day is just as wonderful in it's own way

I hope your day is ... filled with love!

GOOD MORNING

I believe this day is supposed to start out sunny and then this evening we’ll have a few showers. I’ll be at my Dad’s as usual for a Saturday. We’ll probably stay indoors most of the day because he doesn’t venture out very much. But he has a terrific view from the dining room table and we sit there a lot.

I love to listen to him tell the stories of long ago and very often find out something new that I never knew about him before. It is good to share the stories and pass them on too !

I find that I very often do the same with my children and they really love to talk about when they were kids and yes, I find out a lot I never knew by listening to them too ! Some good, and some not so good!

I’ve learned to treasure all the moments the bad and sad as well as the funny and delightful. They are here for such a short time and then are gone just like a gentle breeze in a hot summer’s day.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean, Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens, Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance, And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance... I hope you dance…

From the song "I Hope You Dance" As performed by Lee Ann Womack

 May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to be able to talk to your Dad like this ,wish I had that time with my Father,I envy you ,have a lovely day together this is precious time ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I enjoy talking to my aunt pearl........ she is 97 and has such funny stories and neat sutff of peope of old

Anonymous said...

Good morning.  I did wakeup with a smile on my face as one of your first lines mentions.  So nice to wake up on Saturday with the day ahead fully mine (well with a few hours alloted to the family - LOL.)
Hope you have a good one and thanks for your support and "sunshine" yesterday in your comments.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

The cats are purring now that they have been fed, lol...
81degrees here today... I'm off to work
Tell Dad HI and have a great visit!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I love to converse,which I am afraid seems to lesson plenty I feel nowadays..How lovely you can sit and listen to your father tell his stories,I am afraid all the elderly in my family aunts uncles parents etc are no longer with us,for me to do the same and I miss it greatly.Still when the weather warms that little bit more and I go sit by the ebach and sea I do hear plenty stories from visitors which I love to listen to,there is always someone happy of my listening ear too.Lets hope the weather soon changes.It has been quite sunny today and I have given out a few smiles on the way shopping and happy to say recieved a few back too.The gardens where I went to the shopping centre for the day,were beautiful an array of spring,all around which brightened my day tremendously.How wonderful is nature.I hope you father is feeling much better.Take Care God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy your day with Dad.  What fun to share stories! My parents both are gone, and sadly, many stories with them.  
Pam

Anonymous said...

It is important to pass down family stories. I, like you, listened very carefully but unfotunately, sometimes I have questions about the past that I didn't ask way back and no one is alive to answer. So, listen, listen and smile. : )

Angela