Monday, March 12, 2007

CHAPTER 3, PAGE 12

Things We Can Learn From Our Dogs

(this has been around awhile, but is worth repeating)

Never pass up the opportunity for a joyride.

Allow the experience of fresh air in your face to be pure ecstasy

When a loved one come home always run to greet them.

When it is in your best interest, practice obedience

Let others know when they've invaded your territory.

Take naps and stretch before rising.

Run, romp and play daily.

Eat with gusto and enthusiasm.

Be loyal. Never pretend to be something you're not.

If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.

When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them.

Thrive on attention and let people touch you.

Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.

On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.

When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.

No matter how often you're scolded, don't buy into the guilt thing and pout...run right back and make friends.

Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.

Author unknown

Most of us have days when we only remove one foot from our mouths long enough to insert the other. Some of us may stick it in all the way up to the ankle.

You know, the definition of a real friend is someone who knows that even if you say or do something that makes you look like a jerk, the condition is only temporary…

Regrets people have usually are not about the goals they failed to reach, the experiences they never had, or the places they meant to see but never did. Most often their regrets are about the ways they hurt someone or the things they failed to do for certain people. All their lives they have been carrying these heartaches, these very sore places in their minds, and now they think it's too late

The Golden Rule is golden because it is profound and practical. To succeed personally or professionally, treat others as you would like to be treated.

Today's the day!

Good Morning !

BACK TO WORK this morning and after another fast weekend, I sure wish I had another day here at home, but whatever didn’t get done will wait. It always does.

I’m so looking forward to getting some warm weather clothing out of the closet and putting those heavy winter things away. My winter coats are in need of a good cleaning and are looking a little shabby. The grime and salt of winter has just about done them in.

As you can see I finally got out for a walk yesterday. My aim is do this at least 3 times a week. Walking is soooo good for you , it is one of best exercises you can do.

Hope your Monday is a great one, I’m putting on the ***BIG SMILE*** this morning and will be hoping I get a few back too !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

It's funny how dogs and cats know the inside of folks better than other folks do, isn't it?

Eleanor H. Porter, Pollyanna, 1912

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how green your grass is, beneath the snow!  Isn't it nice to be getting rid of it?  We're supposed to be in the 70's today.

Anonymous said...

Oh I cant wait to go walking agian. we have spent this weekend doing our porch and back yard and its georgous.!!!!!!!!!I love it. I hear next weekend to be colder dang it!!!!I love the doggie saying. I have another one I like. I could tell your on the shady side of teh street becuas e your neighbors had less snow out front. We are seeing buds too and I think I see a flower coming up!!!!! gonna try to get a pic today I hope. I may even buy some flowers today panzys becuse they are heardy. I got to have something!!!!!!! I just need it. It usppose to be 70 tomrrow that is whta they say with sun and no big winds. What cha bed IM buying cook out food lol

Anonymous said...

love the dog thing at the beginning of the entry. Yep back to work today. I hope you have a great Monday.

Anonymous said...

What lovely pictures ,its looks a very nice place you live ,and as long as you dont get anymore snow ,you will soon be getting out you more summery clothes Icant wait ..have a good Monday ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

It's amazing isn't it how the snow can go away like that after having so much. we still have about 6 inches but its melting fast. we even had rain in the middle of the night.Its so nice that you and your sister can now go for a walk without worrying about ice and snow isn' t it... hope you have a beautiful day. Sandra

Anonymous said...

I have a reminder on my sidebar that says: God keep one hand on my shoulder and the other over my mouth, however last Wednesday I had to keep reminding him to keep it over my mouth at work, lol....
And another quote I saw the other day said: if your dog is fat then you are not getting enough exercise... too funny....
Just a bit of snow left at your house and a lovely stroll with you...
We are hitting the mid 80's this week!
Have a great week!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your pictures. It's amazing to me how fast the snow melts!  Seems like only a couple of weeks ago you were digging out your dryer vent...?  
I'm sure your doggie is so happy to have his yard back.
Have a good Monday....Pam

Anonymous said...

We have had another sunny day, the sun was burning my hands as i sat out in the garden today.  this time last year we had snow.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

I knew there were buds out there. LOL! My nose knows.  : )
Lovely town you live in.....

Have a wonderful week,
Angela

Anonymous said...

I heard walking was the best thjing for us.  3 x's a week is a good goal.  I walked two days in a row now.  I can feel it in my back ???  Loved your pictures.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/      Tracy

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your pictures.  I love your neighborhood.  The houses all look so pretty and "charming".  I love it.  A pretty walk you had too.  That high school looked familiar, like in some film I've seen.  It doesn't look like the highschools we have.  All of our schools are FLAT.  LOL.
Sonya