Friday, March 30, 2007

CHAPTER 3, PAGE 30

IT’S SO EASY

It’s so very easy to gripe and complain

To dwell on your sorrows or maybe your pain

To start every day with a feeling so blue

Wondering why life is unfair to you

It’s also easy to feel all alone

To think no one else knows

The heartache you’ve known

It’s easy to look in the mirror and see

A person whose luck is as bad as can be

But looking at things in a whole other light

Can make all your problems seem ever so light

If you start every day with a really big smile

If you do what you need to with grace and with style

If you think of how much worse your life could have been

If you take just one frown and turn it into a grin

If you see someone else that’s much worse off than you

Yet they seem to be happy that should give you a clue

How easy it is to forget what we’ve got

To dwell almost always on what we have not

But practicing how to be thankful for things

Makes it easy to face life and all that it brings

I’m not saying it’s easy to hold up your chin

To not feel discouraged and throw the towel in

But counting your blessings instead of your woes

Brings new comfort and hope to your life, Heaven knows

Find something good about every new day

Find something positive that you can say

No matter how trivial, little or small

Even if you think that is not much at all

A small thing today and another tomorrow

Will add up and grow til it lightens your sorrow

Each day becomes easier and then you’ll see

A smile in the place of where a frown used to be

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING

I found the poem above quite by chance and after reading it, I thought someone must have written it just for me. It says so much of what I really do believe.

It is FINALLY Friday and I’m so ready for the weekend. I have lots to do with being away last weekend, but I’m going to enjoy every single moment of it. I’ve been paying dearly for those few short days of vacation that I truly enjoyed.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.

Oprah Winfrey

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes as I was reading it I also thought the same.So much is worth having no matter how small.SMILE is a word I often  use to people.I see once they have put a smile on there faces how much happier from then on they seem to be."Little things mean a lot" I also tell them,and your journal means a lot to me ,it is wonderful.Have a lovely day.Take Care God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

soemtiesm it sthe tineiest thing that gives you hope.

Anonymous said...

This one I have to print out!  I need to keep it handy to REMIND me.  For every action there is a reaction.  This is true in more than physics.  

Anonymous said...

Lovely entry as usual,have a lovely weekend ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Great entry!  And the thought for the day is so true. I never thought of it that way.
Have an enjoyable weekend.
Pam

Anonymous said...

The poem could have been written for me too. When things get tough,  it's the humour I've been blessed with, that sees me through. Have a lovely weekend.
Sylvia xx

Anonymous said...

When I get overwhelmed, I just do what I must do and save the little things for another time.

Angela : )

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend!
Linda :)