Wednesday, March 28, 2007

CHAPTER 3, PAGE 28

Dear God,

So far today, I've done all right.

I haven't gossiped. I haven't lost my temper.

I haven't lied or cheated.

I haven't been greedy, grumpy,

nasty, selfish or overindulgent.

I'm very thankful for that.

But in a few minutes, Lord,

I'm going to get out of bed;

and from then on,

I'm probably going to need a lot more help.

Amen.

 GOOD MORNING !

Just like the little prayer above, I’m going to need a lot of help today. I had a wonderful 4 day break from work, but it is going to be hard going back today.

I think we should be able to ease in to work after time off, but no, it hits us full force and we do pay the price for those missed days.

I put up just a few of the over 300 pictures I took for you all to see. It was all just wonderful and I loved every moment.

I didn’t get to the beach by the ocean as they discovered it was over 4 hours away and not the 2 that they originally thought, but they had a beautiful lake there that had a beach, only problem was it opens next weekend. That was justfine with me we had summertime weather and I was warm! After the winter here, it was marvelous!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Sooner or later we must realize there is no station, no one place to arrive at once and for all. The true joy of life is the trip.

Robert J. Hastings

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

heck I tihk I messed up before I got out of bed. I grumbled that i HAD to get up for the big day today. I love your ics and looks likea  wonderful time. I have hiking pics too lol

Anonymous said...

So lovely to see a picture of you ,lovely ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Well those Grandchildrens faces say it all and they sure did light my day up too and the brought the sunshine along to my home this morning.They are all beautiful and a credit to ther families,and you yourself.I get many pics from my son who lives in USA telling me about all the large lakes too you have there over thepond. The journey reminded me very similar,of the journey to my daughters from the main airport a two hour journay through the mountains to Southern Spain.So a tear in my eye as I followed you.Yes it is so hard to get back into routine when one has so much enjoyed a break and especially with family.The sun is shing here beautiful today,I have been for a 1 hour walk and came back the coastal way,overlooking the ocean.Lets hope the weather continues,though it is said to be going to change again this weekend.I hope you get as many smiles as your Grandchildren brought you today and lots of sunshine back home.What a pity the beach was closed and you had on your flip flops Haaa.Thats what would happen to me.Take Care God Bless.
Astoriaand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I see you had a wonderful time... nice pictures. we had 2 warm days and now its back to normal again... but we know its coming soon. Have a good day, Sandra

Anonymous said...

The pics were lovely and that looked like a cake to be proud of.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

Great pictures.  I loved the little verse at the top, made me giggle.  Hugs.  Terry x

Anonymous said...

Sorry there was no sand between your toes but looks like everyone had a great get together....
Linda :)