Friday, March 16, 2007

CHAPTER 3, PAGE 16

The Wish

I caught a little leprechaun, quite wise and very old and he said to me, "You have one wish, would you like my pot of gold?"

"No thank you," was my quick reply, "But how about another... A gift that's truly precious and esteemed above all others?"

He offered then some emeralds, rubies, sapphires, pearls and a host of other treasures that would make your senses whirl!

As I rejected all his list his bright eyes flashed with fire and, angrily, he said to me: "What is it you desire?"

I said: "A rainbow's far more beautiful than its' supposed treasure and the 'rainbow' that I'm wishing for is priceless beyond measure.

"I'd like to have the dearest friends a person ever had to share in all the good times and help me through the bad... "

To laugh and sing and joke with, love and appreciate as we live life's greatest adventure that would certainly be great!"

"Oh, now I know you're daft!" he said as he ran off with his pot...

"to waste your wish on something you have already got!"

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

I know tomorrow is St. Patrick’s day but I had several Irish poems and quotes so I thought I’d stretch it out put some in here today.

For each petal on the shamrock

This brings a wish your way -

Good health, good luck, and happiness

For today and every day.

Author Unknown

I really do have some Irish blood in me…it is a little diluted with Hungarian, English, German, French, Dutch and American Indian but it is there. I guess I can celebrate quite a few different nation’s holidays.

That is the grand thing about being an American. Most of us have blended nationalities and we all merge together to form a great country.

 I love the Irish tales and the many Irish Blessings . Without a doubt we could all use a few more blessings each day.

Winter has retuned to Ohio and it’ll snow some today and tomorrow. I can’t put away those flannels just yet.

A week from Saturday I’ll be leaving for my trip to visit the ‘Sunshine’ babes. It is a little warmer there so I’ll have to pack some warm weather clothing. I’ll be gone for 4 days and I don’t know if I’ll be posting to my journal or not during that time, I’ll just have to see how things go.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

May the Angels rush to your side, enfold you in their wings, comfort you as is needed, and tickle your nose. :-)

And may your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I wish I were heaidng south this dreary cold is for the birds.. have fun and I know you will post lots of pics when you get back

Anonymous said...

Packing warmer weather clothes that sounds so nice ,My partner Maurice was born in Ireland of Irish parents ,so is 100  % lol ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Yes warmer sounds wonderful, I would go in a minute.  It's exciting to have something to look forward to.  I love your poem today and the grapics.  Very cheery.  Have a great day!  Joni

Anonymous said...

I too love anything Irish.I have posted my Rhyme today too in an early entry,to wish you all a Happy St Patricks Day" I hope you get the alert as some are down.I will not have the time tomorrow,other things are calling me.The poem is lovely and I so enjoyed reading all of this.Hope you get a few smiles too and a little sunshine in your day.Take care God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

A nice warm vacation sounds really nice right now... hope you have a wonder ful time.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Hi...I'm new to your journal, and I really love it! I'll deffinitly be back. :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Yes, winter is here in full force too. Very slippery out there.....some snow build-up and sleet too.
Congrats on the upcoming trip. : )

Angela

Anonymous said...

A very cheerful journal entry as always!
Pam

Anonymous said...

I'm a wee bit Irish too....
87degrees here today and the last couple of evenings I have turned on the air conditioner to cool me down a bit.... lol...
they say next week we will have rain and more normal temps.
Have a great weekend!
Linda :)