Sunday, March 4, 2007

CHAPTER 3, PAGE 4

FINDERS KEEPERS AND GIVERS

A wise woman who was traveling in the mountains found a precious stone in a stream. The next day she met another traveler who was hungry, and the wise woman opened her bag to share her food.

The hungry traveler saw the precious stone and asked the woman to give it to him. She did so without hesitation. The traveler left, rejoicing in his good fortune.

He knew the stone was worth enough to give him security for a lifetime.

But a few days later he came back to return the stone to the wise woman. "I've been thinking," he said, "I know how valuable the stone is, but I give it back in the hope that you can give me something even more precious:

Give me what you have within you that enabled you to give me the stone.

GOOD MORNING !

The birthday celebration had begun ! I got my first two cards yesterday. One from my Dad and one from my youngest sister and her hubby.. They were the funny kind so I’ve put the verses below

From my Dad:

Don’t worry your pretty head my dear you’re a whole year younger… 

than you’ll be next year!

From my sister and her hubby:

A birthday can do wonders for a person…

Wonder where my car is?

Wonder where my sunglasses are?

Wonder what birthday this is?

 

I love cute cards and the SMILES they bring.

 

Thought for Today

The comfortable and comforting people are those who look upon the bright side of life; gathering its roses and sunshine and making the most that happens seem the best.

Dorothy Dix

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So "Happy Birthday To You" Enjoy!!! Loved the funny words LOL!! Yes there are some realy good ones on the humerous side in Cards today I must admit I like them too.Loved the story.Well sounds like you have had 2 smiles this morning,with the cards.Hope you get many more before the day is finished and
a little sunshine to to warm YOUR heart.Take care God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you!  Loved the story.  Enjoy your Sunday.
Pam

Anonymous said...

A very Happy birthday ,Ienjoyed the story ,and the verses in the cards are amusing ,especially your Dads one lol ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday dear friend, I hope you have a wonderful time.  Hugs.  Terry x

Anonymous said...

Both funny cards. I liked your dad's best. : )

Angela

Anonymous said...

Yup love the wonder card HAPPY Birthday sweety

Anonymous said...

lol, cute cards you got.  :)
hugs
penny

Anonymous said...

Love your positive out look.  Have a Great B-Day.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy