Friday, March 9, 2007

CHAPTER 3, PAGE 9

Cancer is so limited

It cannot cripple love

It cannot shatter hope

It cannot corrode faith

It cannot eat away peace

It cannot destroy confidence

It cannot kill friendship

It cannot shut out memories

It cannot silence courage

It cannot invade the soul

It cannot reduce eternal life

It cannot quench the spirit

It cannot lessen the power

Of the RESURRECTION

Author Unknown

Good Morning !

I cannot start the day with out commenting on the fact that there are at least two of our J-Land friends facing the frightening disease of Cancer right now. Jeanette from “Jeanette’s Jottings,” and John from “Sometimes I Think” (Krissy’s husband) They do need our love and support and they are in my thoughts and prayers each day.

I’ve had family close to me that have fought the fight, some have overcome, some are still waging the battle, and others have gone home to our dear Lord.

Just as the poem above says…Cancer is so limited. It cannot take away from us what is important in our lives. It is just another one of life’s shortcomings and there is so much more that is essential in the lives of each and every one of us.

So if you or someone you may know is downhearted right now, take a moment to know or to let them know how much they are loved and how very special they are. It will make a difference.

On the Bright Side of things, today is Friday ! My favorite day of the week. Yesterday was so nice with lots of cards, phone calls and e-mails, so today may not be as special as it usually is, but then thankfully, everyday is not my birthday either. Thanks again for all the lovely e-mails and comments and cards.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Flatter me, and I may not believe you.

Criticize me, and I may not like you.

Ignore me, and I may not forgive you.

Encourage me, and I may not forget you.

William Arthur

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

sugar also has it and is a  minister and has three fur babies she is concerned what to do with whilst in the hopstial. AND joyce spirngangles mom has it. SO many have it of late. sucha devastating thing to have happen in tier later years. When theyshould be enjoying life. Another online friend who has no journal is recopuing for the second time from it

Anonymous said...

Oh I have been on Jeannette's journal some but I did not know this.  (I don't get to spend enough time reading journals even though I love to read them).  I know about John.  It is such a difficult thing to go thru.  Hope you have a wonderful weekend.  I'm rebelling against getting ready to go to work right now.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

Yes I was stunned to read that yesterday ,in fact Jeannette was the second one I heard about ,so many people ...Lord grant them strentgh and guide the hands of those that care for them ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I have been so sad this week with the number of ill people I have read of around J/land.Sometimes these things just so get to me, and they hurt.Though I do pray for everyone and also still try to bring a smile to there faces if possible.I hope there is sunshine in ther lives today just as you hope for us,and they feel a sence of closeness to all of us who are thinking of them,and there close familes too...I lost my father to the dreaded C and nursed him it is so sad.God Is Good.Take Care God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I just love that poem about how limited cancer is. So true!!
I haven`t been online for a few days, so let me wish you a very happy belated birthday today. :0)
Love ya
penny

Anonymous said...

Cancer is such a devasting thing.  My friend Joey is testing now to see if he's got a recurrence of it.  Maybe I'm more skeptical. You are right, there are a lot of things Cancer can't take away. But, depending on the person, it can take away a lot of things. Right now, it is taking my friend away from me. <sigh>
Have a good day...Pam

Anonymous said...

We pray for the suffering and hope for healings and peace of mind for everyone. I believe in miracles.

God bless you and have a wonderful weekend,
Angela

Anonymous said...

We pray for the suffering and hope for healings and peace of mind for everyone. I believe in miracles.

God bless you and have a wonderful weekend,
Angela

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!  May you have a year full of all things wonderful!  Good health, love, and an abundance of happiness!

Jackie