Friday, March 23, 2007

CHAPTER 3, PAGE 23

To laugh is to risk appearing the fool;

To weep is to risk appearing sentimental;

To reach out for another is to risk involvement;

To expose feelings is to risk exposing our true self;

To place your ideas, your dreams, before the crowd is to risk loss;

To love is to risk not being loved in return;

To live is to risk dying;

To hope is to risk despair;

To try at all is to risk failure;

But to risk we must,

because the greatest hazard in life

is to risk nothing.

The man, the woman, who risks nothing,

does nothing,

has nothing,

is nothing.

Author Unknown

Good Morning !

Happy Friday everyone !

This morning I’m doing the HAPPY DANCE. This evening after work I’m on vacation for the next 4 days. I’ll be meeting up with DS#1 and his family and then we are driving to visit the ‘Sunshine Babes’. They live about 8 hours away. It’s a long drive, but not too long.

I don’t know if I’ll be able to make an entry regularly or not, I’ll just have to see how hectic things are. If you don’t hear from me, just know I’m having fun and enjoy every bit of my four days.

I’ll be flying home on Tuesday afternoon as I need to be back to work for Payroll on Wednesday. DS#1 and his family will be staying there for the rest of the week enjoying their vacation.

This little trip is part of my birthday gift from these two sons and their families. . They are such good kids! I’ll take lots of pictures to share later.

Thought for Today

I have witnessed the softening of the hardest of hearts by a simple smile.

Goldie Hawn

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart.

MA

 

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh Im so sglad you got this trip and Cant wait for pics nad heading south oh man lucky you

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo.  Have a fun trip.  I know you are excited.  
Sonya

Anonymous said...

I really loved the poem! :o) Boy it really sounds like such fun! :o) And how exciting you must feel! :o) I'm so happy for you. ;o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time. I'm happy for you. : )

Angela

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so happy for you I hope you have the most fantastic time.Safe Journeys there and back and ENJOY every minute.You deserve it.I am sure your Sunshine Babes will bring a more than a few smiles to your days and lots of sunshine your way.I am looking forward to seeing your pictures .Take Care God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you are going to visit your family.  Have a safe trip and a wonderful time. I hope the weather is nice for you. Take pics to share!!  
Hugs to you ....Pam

Anonymous said...

How exciting to be going off to spend some time with your family ,have a lovely time and we look forward to your pics and hearing all about it .love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend!!!!! How exciting!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful time with your family.  Looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back.  Hugs, Terry x