Sunday, March 25, 2007

CHAPTER 3, PAGE 25

While on a walk one day, I was surprised to see a man hoeing his garden while sitting in a chair. "What laziness!" I thought. But suddenly I saw, leaning against his chair, a pair of crutches. The man was at work despite his handicap.

The lesson I learned about snap judgments that day has stayed with me for years now: the crosses people bear are seldom in plain sight.

Author Unknown

It is better to be silent and suspected of stupidity than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Abraham Lincoln

GOOD MORNING!

I woke up to a sleeping house this morning and took advantage of some quiet time to use their computer and say good morning to you all !

The sun is up and it beautiful here

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

My grandkids believe I'm the oldest thing in the world. And after two or three hours with them, I believe it, too.

Gene Perret

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE  to warm your heart !

MA

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its when they ask you can you remember Florence nightingale and the Crimean war !!! ouch ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

glad you took time out for us. yes those snap judgements like why is that person rushing down the interstate JERKS!!!!!!!! till one day I was rushing to get to my grandftahter who was with minutes ti live!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I have always believed a silent tounge keeps a wise head.You must be much younger than me as I feel the oldest thing in the world after one hour Haa.Take Care Hope you get some smiles today and lots of sunshine too.ENJOY.Take Care God bless.Astoriasand.http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

What a good lesson!  Have a good Sunday.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Hope you are having a lovely Sunday.  I like the quotes.  Hugs. Terry x

Anonymous said...

I hope you`re having a nice day and enjoying the warmer weather.   :)
Hugs
Penny

Anonymous said...

LOL you are way to funny. My kids used to think I was the oldest think but now that they are older they know I'm not. I agree don't snap at a judgement. You never know why someone is doing something.

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid i remove all doubt as to my stupidity all too often.  My mouth opens my foot goes right in soon followed by the other one.  LOL!
Goodmorning to you, the sun is shinning in my part of Englsnd today.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

All the quotes were good but the one about the open mouth is the one that fits in with what I am currently working on.