Monday, March 5, 2007

CHAPTER 3, PAGE 5

Cheerfulness removes the rust from the mind, lubricates our inward machinery, and enables us to do our work with fewer creaks and groans.

If people were universally cheerful, there wouldn't be half the quarreling or a tenth part of the wickedness there is.

Cheerfulness, too, promotes health and morality. Cheerful people live longest here on earth, afterward in our hearts.

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

I hope you all enjoyed the pictures of my ‘celebration’ yesterday. I know I had a wonderful day.

I am so not ready to go off to work this morning , but I’m sipping the coffee and taking my self out and just maybe by the time I get there I’ll be ready for it.

Mondays are often a little hard to take, but I muddle through and before you know it the weekend will come again. I’ll put the ***BIG SMILE*** on and dream a little about the ‘beach’ . That will do it for sure !

Thought for Today

How true it is that, if we are cheerful and contented,

all nature smiles, the air seems more balmy,

the sky clearer, the earth has a brighter green...

the flowers are more fragrant... and the sun, moon,

and stars all appear more beautiful,

and seem to rejoice with us.

Orison Swett Marden

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh looks like you did great on yoru gifts. Of cours ei love the candle

Anonymous said...

Well my word,you did do well.I am so happy for you.The gifts and cards are beautiful and such wonderful photo's too.I am so happy your day went well.Birthdays get better I think as you grow older.Mine do anyway.LOL!!Your posting is so lovely as usual.Hope you get many smiles today and a little bit of sunshine too.The sun is shining here but bitter cold outside.Thankyou for sharing your birthday with us all.The cakes look delightful Mmmmmmmmmm.
Take care God bless.
Astoriasand. http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

So pleased you had such a great day with your family ,with presents and cards ,so nice to see you ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Pictures are adorable.  Surrounded by loved ones.  What a great way to spend your b-day.  You are very blessed.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

What lovely happy photos and its nice to see your sweet face.  Thanks for sharing the memory of your lovely day with your family.  Hugs.  Terry x

Anonymous said...

I love seeing pictures of your family!  It always cheers me up.  It looks like you had a wonderful Birthday celebration.  Smiles all around!
Thanks for sharing these....Pam

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. For some reason, I thought your birthday is March 8th. That was my mother's birthday. Lovely photos. : )

God bless and have a wonderful year,
Angela

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a wonderful birthday celebration!! Two cakes and presents.... I like how you matched each card with the gift as you took the picture.... or so it seems....
Linda :)