Saturday, March 10, 2007

CHAPTER 3,PAGE 10

Everything in the world we want to do or get done, we must do with and through people.

Every dollar we will ever earn must come from people. The person we love, and with whom we want to spend the rest of our life, is a human being with whom we must interact.

Our children are individuals, each different from any other person who ever lived. And what affects them most is our attitude--the loving kindness they see and feel whenever we are around them.

If you'll begin to develop and maintain an attitude that says yes to life and the world, you'll be astonished at the changes you'll see.

Earl Nightingale

Our lives are inextricably linked to other human beings, and we do have an effect on them. And what we give to the world of course comes back to us.

Good Morning !

Starting in 2007, the United States will have new dates for Daylight Saving Time. Daylight Saving Time begins on the second Sunday in March at 2 a.m. local time. It returns to standard time on the first Sunday in November at 2 a.m. local time

Yes, we turn the clocks ahead one hour before we go to bed tonight. Just thought I’d remind everyone about the time change. It never fails that someone forgets.

I’m going to loose out on 1 hour sleep tonight. I have this wonderful body clock that usually wakes me up before the alarm has a chance to go off. Now it’ll take a few weeks to reset and work right again.

It won’t be long til we can get outside in the evenings for a nice walk or just sit on the porch swing and enjoy it all. It did warm up in the 40's here yesterday and lots of my snow mounds have melted.

I’m off to Dad’s as usual today. He did have more tests done this past week and we are waiting to hear the results.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

For disappearing acts, it's hard to beat what happens to the eight hours supposedly left after eight of sleep and eight of work.

Doug Larson

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope all is well with your dad. as for time change I wish it would stay one way or the other I had gettiing my body adjusted let alone having to set clocks

Anonymous said...

I hope you find your Dad much improved ,here in the UK we dont change the clocks till next week ...have a good week end ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, daylight savings.  Just the thing I need.  Thaks for the reminder.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

Hope your dad is ok and that you have a lovely weekend.  Hugs.  Terry x

Anonymous said...

Yes I have just had a call from my Son in USA and he tells me th eclocks go froward over there tonight.Thats if he rememebers LOL!! We are two weeks away from that as yet,so we are still getting that little longer to snooze our lids off.Sorry you will lose that hour,probably you will wake at the same time as usual I usually do.OH how lovely it will be to go on them warm evening walks you mention,or rides around the beautiful countryside her.I cannot wait.I hope Dads tests come back fine and have a lovely week/and I hope you get a few smiles and a little sunshine too.Take care God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Thank you for stopping by my journal and leaving good thoughts and a prayer.  I have seen you around Jland :) .. and often wondered if you had a journal.  We frequent several of the same ones.
Well.. now that I've found you, I've decided to put you on alert, and visit again.  

I'm tempted to turn my clock up and hour right now.. just so I DON'T forget! lol

jackie

Anonymous said...

Can't we just always stay at daylight savings time.....
Hope Dad is feeling better soon....
Linda :)