Sunday, March 11, 2007

CHAPTER 3, PAGE 11

The best things are nearest:

breath in your nostrils,

light in your eyes,

flowers at your feet,

duties at your hand,

the path of God just before you.

Then do not grasp at the stars,

but do life's plain,

common work as it comes,

certain that daily duties

and daily bread

are the sweetest things of life.

Robert Louis Stevenson

If we grasp at the stars, we'll come up empty. If we grasp for the hand of a friend, guess what? The friend's right here. We should not ignore those beautiful things of our daily life that, if we do pay attention to them and appreciate them, can greatly enrich us as human beings

GOOD MORNING !

I’m so thankful for the ‘daily life’ I have. This morning like so many Sundays I’m off to church and will be saying prayers for each and every one of you.

It is a blessing for me that I’m able to be out and about, so many cannot do so. The little things that we all take for granted really do mean the most.

There are lots of poems and stories that emphasize the importance of each day and until something drastic happens to make us aware, we often don’t even think about it.

I cannot say it often enough -- Take each day as a gift and enjoy it to the fullest. Don’t let problems or worries of the future bog you down. Today is what is important . Celebrate it !!!

We can’t always be sure of tomorrow, but we do have today! Thank the good Lord for his many blessings.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

When one cannot be sure that there are many days left, each single day becomes as important as a year, and one does not waste an hour in wishing that the hours were longer, but simply fills it, like a smaller cup, as high as it will go without spilling over.

Natalie Kusz

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart.

MA

 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

so ture tomorro wi snot promised

Anonymous said...

I often think of the words of that lovely hymn 'Abide with me 'swift to its close ebbs lifes little day ,,..Have a blessed Sunday dear ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Ahh!  I love my daily dose of reality from your entries.  Thanks.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it took me this long to find you!  You are so inspiring.. so refreshing!  Thank you for this beautiful entry today!  It's just what I needed!

God Bless and have a wonderful Sunday!

Jackie

Anonymous said...

just love your entries thank you so much. Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

The words are so very true and I thank God for each day and try my best to fill it too.May yours too be filled with smiles and a little sunshine.Take Care God Bless have a lovely Sunday.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Very sweet and uplifting entry. : )

I have to tell you I thought of you when I woke up. You see I remembered how much you love that Spring is coming, as I sneezed my way into the day for an hour or so after I got up........a reminder to me that something is budding out there. LOL!

God bless you,
Angela

Anonymous said...

You are so right about each day.  Beautiful entry!
Pam