Wednesday, March 7, 2007

CHAPTER 3, PAGE 7

Youth is not a time of life - it is a state of mind, it is a temper of the will, a quality of the imagination, a vigor of the emotions, a predominance of courage over timidity, of the appetite for adventure over love of ease.

Nobody grows old by merely living a number of years. People grow old only by deserting their ideals. Years wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul.

Worry, doubt, self-distrust, fear and despair - these are the long, long years that bow the head and turn the growing spirit back to dust.

Whether they are sixteen or seventy, there is in every being's heart the love of wonder, the sweet amazement at the stars and starlike things and thoughts, the undaunted challenge of events, the unfailing childlike appetite for what is to come next, and the joy and the game of life.

You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear, as young as your hope, as old as your despair.

When the wires are all down and all the innermost core of your heart is covered with the snows of pessimism and the ice of cynicism, then you are grown old indeed.

But so long as your heart receives messages of beauty, cheer, courage, grandeur and power from the earth, from man and from the Infinite, so long you are young.

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

Here I am once more, greeting you all with a cheery hello today ! Making my morning entry has become a habit. Just can’t start the day off without it.

I want to thank everybody that has sent Birthday wishes my way especially my family. It’s a little confusing since my celebration was this past Sunday, but tomorrow is my real birthday and I’ve been busy collecting a few quips and quotes about age and birthdays to share with you all . You’ll have to make sure and stop by on Thursday.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want-oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!

Mark Twain

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes youth is a state of mind I do believe . Happy b day tomrorow

Anonymous said...

My heart recieves all the messages you mention here.One is as old as they want to be in my opinion.Oh So in all then, you will have had three "Happy Birthday " Messages from me so far LOL!!.Nevertheless,I still hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow,and what nicer than to celebrate and get good wishes from everyone triple fold.The sun is shining beautiful here today and yes I've  got spring fever and it certainly has brightened my morning.People are smiling too as I see them pass by from my window.It is very early just now but lots of visitors are arriving to this lovely morning sunshine and taking walks along the beach with there loved ones.What nicer.I hope you too get a few smiles and a little sunshine in your day today.Take care God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/atoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

The wrinkled skin doesn't bother me....it's the pain in the bones that make me feel old.  

Anonymous said...

Spring Fever.  I am aching for it.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

VERY GOOD POST, THANK YOU..

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU ! hope you have a wonderful day. make sure to let your boss know its your birthday. :>)  Sandra

Anonymous said...

Well HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!  I finally got into your journal, thank you for all the nice comments you've left in mine.  I'm off today so I figured a few things out on JLand.  Have a great day tomorrow.  Joni