Saturday, March 3, 2007

Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire. If you did, what would there be to look forward to?

Be thankful when you don't know something. For it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times. During those times you grow.

Be thankful for your limitations. Because they give you opportunities for improvement.

Be thankful for each new challenge. Because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes. They will teach you valuable lessons.

Be thankful when you're tired and weary. It means you've made a difference.

It's easy to be thankful for the good things. A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are also thankful for the setbacks.

Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive. Find a way to be thankful for your troubles and they can become your blessings.

 Author Unknown

Good Morning !

I’ve got most of my house presentable, that is all except the basement and the attic, no one would want to see those two places. The rest is better off than it was and since this is home it will never be perfect, just not so cluttered as it was this time last week.

Today I’ll spend the day with my Dad as has become the arrangement for the week and tomorrow I’ll enjoy my birthday celebration. My real birthday is next week and I’ve got some special things about birthdays that I’ll be sharing with you all on then.

DD called to ask me if there was anything I needed for my birthday as she was going shopping. DSIL said there was a $5 limit on that so I shouldn’t ask for too much…HA HA ! I really couldn’t think of anything, so they’ll surprise me. I love surprises and I’ve taught DD to be a good shopper so I’m sure it will be something special.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Fear imprisons, Faith liberates;

Fear paralyzes, Faith empowers;

Fear disheartens, Faith encourages;

Fear sickens, Faith heals;

Fear makes useless, Faith makes serviceable;

and most of all,

Fear puts hopelessness at the heart of life,

while Faith rejoices in it's God.

Henry Emerson Fosdick.

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

graphics by: www.cutecolors.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you are having a good day with your Dad.  And wow.  A birthday coming up.  Don't you love the joy that comes with birthdays (aside from the fact we are one year maturer).  Maturer - is that a word?  LOL.

Anonymous said...

I am thankful.  Thanks for reminding us.  Have a great day with your dad.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/      Tracy

Anonymous said...

ah a five dolar limit that is funny. I bet they wil find the right thing for yo

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy your time with your Dad. You are so lucky to still have him. I lost mine 12yrs ago.  I hope you have a wonderful Bday.
Pam