Saturday, February 10, 2007

CHAPTER 2,PAGE 10

I still find each day too short

for all the thoughts I want to think,

all the walks I want to take,

all the books I want to read

and all the friends I want to see.

John Burroughs

Good Morning !

I’m just enjoying this precious time I have on Saturdays. I ‘m usually up early no matter what day of the week it is, but Saturday mornings usually mean no rush and no fuss. I don’t have to get ready for work or church and can just enjoy a few extra moments with my devotions, email and my journals.

The cold weather continues and I’m getting weary of it all. I feel like the layers of clothing bog me down and I just move slower and slower. On the news they said there is a disease that a few of us get in the winter called SAD. Something about a Seasonal Disorder. I must definitely have it.

We used to hear about ‘Cabin Fever’ . I think it must be about the same thing…we all get tired of being housebound in the Winter. There is always lots to do inside and I do keep busy so it’s not that I’m bored, I just need warmth and sunshine.

I can remember that when I was younger, the weather never seemed to be an issue. I certainly have changed. Maybe the Home and Flower Show tomorrow will give me a much needed lift. Yes, I’ll be taking lots of pictures for you all to see!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

We are not the same persons this year as last; nor are those we love. It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love a changed person.

W. Somerset Maugham

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah IM so ready to get back to walking outdoors.
yes they say monday a bad storm headed our way. We got our heat fixed it went out again. dang it A cold sleepless night but I love slow saturdays too

Anonymous said...

Yes Im with you I have SAD  and cabin fever lol ,everyone feels better when they see the sun .love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hello there yes I definatly suffer from Sad.Sorry I havn't been around but my pooter broke,so I have had to buy a new one and I am only just sussing everything out and getting back to normal.I have missed your postings so much.Each day I am sure is too short for all of us,so we have to pack into it as much as possible.Sad or no Sad.The weather here is wild wind and rain it is awfull.
Roll on spring I cannot wait.Take Care have a lovely weekend and I hope you get a few smiles and a peek of the sunshine if it's possible.God Bless.
Astorisand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I remember being 14 and walking with my coat wide open during a cold snowy season. If I did that today, I'd get really sick. It's amazing how the immune systems of youth are so strong and the cold was wonderful to me.
Sorry you hate the cold days......I love them. I know I'm strange but I'm also a real home body type and winter means the family is always home too.  : )
Angela

Anonymous said...

I get a little down in the winter too, lack of sunlight with the shorter days, if you ask hubby though he will say I get downright grumpy... lol....
Have a great time at the flower show and tell Dad Hi!
Have a Blessed Sunday!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Hi there.  We had sunshine today and I am so very glad.  You know, it had been cloudy in Texas except for the first day or so.  So when we flew home, we rose above the clouds and I got to see the sun (before it went down).  That was neat.  Then it was sunny here today.  Which was very nice.
Glad you are having a good day at home.  I had to go shopping, but we had fun.  I've been so scattered about lately and I promised over a week ago to take TheTeen shopping.  Had to keep my promise.  My feet hurt.  LOL.

Anonymous said...

I am ready for spring that's for sure. I think most people get SAD. Really I do. I  must say when I can sleep in I do. I'm not one to get up early if I don't have too. Hope you enjoyed your weekend and you had a great Monday.