Friday, February 16, 2007

CHAPTER 2, PAGE 16

Icicle time is reigning

The temperatures hang low

all nature now is sparkling

with newly-fallen snow.

The trees upon the hilltops

Are now all ermine-capped

And all the little valleys hold

snowflakes in their laps.

Icicles brightly glistening

are hanging from the eaves

Just as far as eye can scan

the earth is in deep freeze.

But just like a kaleidoscope

there'll come a change of scene

winter days will fade away

Revealing springtime's green.

author unknown

GOOD MORNING !

I got myself up and out to work yesterday. The roads were still icy and snow covered in our little town. Once I was out of town they were better . That doesn’t say much for our snow removal people.

Today I’m putting in a long 10 hour day as my boss is still on vacation (semi-retirement) and his son-in-law (my other boss) istaking the day off too. So I will sit there and mind the store.

There will be little to do so I suppose I’ll wind up cleaning the office. It will be a good time to do it with no one there.

On the calendar for the weekend is spending all day Saturday with Dad and then church on Sunday and trying to catch up around home. It will go by way too fast.

We continue to be very cold here, single digit temps and below. BRRRCHILL. I really do not want to see my heat bill for the month. It should be coming any day and I know it won’t be good.

I owe , I owe, it’s off to work I go…

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.

Victor Hugo

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

graphics by:

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

they say a warm up is on the way next week. yeah right!!!!!! believe that when I see it. they said that for this week. lol You kow I can clean way better when no one is around too. lol and yes the weekend goes way too fast

Anonymous said...

We have lovely weather here today, bright and dry.  Makes a change from last week when we had 4 inches of snow.  Hope your snow goes away soon. Hugs.  Terry x

Anonymous said...

Yes its Friday at last ,enjoy your time with your Dad ,and Church on Sunday ,and playing catch up on all your jobs in doors ,phew thats the weekend spoken for lol ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Doesn't sound you have much to smile about realy does it? Brr sounds very cold.The weather here has been like spring this week,but rain rain rain  today.Enjoy Saturday with Dad .I have had my first winter bill and paid it,it was very large I will say,but who wants to be cold not me!!!! Take care have a lovely week/end.hope you too get a few smiles and a peep of the sun who knows?? You might just be lucky.God Bless.
Astorisand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Every Friday now, I guess it's because I know how much you love the weekends, I think of you. Can't blame you. My favorite day is Monday when the grandkids go back to school. LOL!

Angela : )

Anonymous said...

Happy weekend to you.  God is good.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a great day.
Pam

Anonymous said...

have a great weekend!
penny