Wednesday, February 21, 2007

CHAPTER 2, PAGE 21

Send Them To Bed With A Kiss

O mothers, so weary, discouraged,

Worn out with the cares of the day,

You often grow cross and impatient,

Complain of the noise and the play;

For the day brings so many vexations,

So many things going amiss;

But mothers, whatever may vex you,

Send the children to bed with a kiss!

 

The dear little feet wander often,

Perhaps, from the pathway of right,

The dear little hands find new mischief

To try you from morning till night;

But think of the desolate mothers

Who'd give all the world for your bliss,

And, as thanks for your infinite blessings,

Send the children to bed with a kiss!

 

For some day their noise will not vex you,

The silence will hurt far more;

You will long for their sweet childish voices,

For a sweet childish face at the door;

And to press a child's face to your bosom,

You'd give all the world for just this!

For the comfort 'twill bring you in sorrow,

Send the children to bed with a kiss!

author unknown

GOOD MORNING !

Isn’t it true, our children do grow up so fast and I do take comfort in all the memories . No matter how old my children got, they were always sent to bed with a kiss.

Today is Ash Wednesday and the beginning of Lent . It is a time we often give up something as a sign of repentance . There have been years that I’ve given up candy, or eating in-between meal snacks. Instead of giving up something we can also try to do a little extra like saying extra prayers, or even reading the Bible more.

One suggestion that I read said: Let’s ask the Lord to help us appreciate the people in our lives. Let’s ask that we would see him more clearly in those we love, and in those we find it hard to love: those who are argumentative and hostile, those who are cold and indifferent, or those who are demanding. This is one way we can deny ourselves—by finding the goodness we can find in such “difficult” people. Who knows? Instead of dreading them, we may end up loving them—and they, in turn, will draw us closer to our Lord.

Maybe this is what I need to do. I do know that I’ll be praying more and devoting more time to the scriptures.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

I've learned...that life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes

Anonymous

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every year that Elul comes around usually around august andsept. we try to reconnect with God and read Psalms 27 daily. try to get to know him nad forgive and forget type of thing

Anonymous said...

I thank the lord for my many lovely friends ,The toilet roll bit is so true lol ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

It seems lent came up so fast this year.... Easter is my favorite so its a good thing I guess. have to go and get some tuna for the casserole for supper tonight. :)  Sandra

Anonymous said...

So so true about the children.  I make sure no matter the circumstance that mine feel the love every day.  And I mean every day.  ;)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

I've got a cold and hubby is refusing to send me to bed with a kiss, he is even pulling his jumper over his hand to touch me.  I'm contaminated. LOL!
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

Your entries are always so nice.  Hope you have a good day.
Pam

Anonymous said...

That's a terrific suggestion and very powerful. Thank's for posting that.

Love,
Angela

Anonymous said...

Your entries are always inspiring.  Hope you are getting some warmer temps by now.
Take care.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

Awww, that reminds me of all the nights I tucked my little girl in at night. Such sweet memories!
Have a great day
penny

Anonymous said...

Oh how true the poem.   My heart aches for the times I fell short of the mark when my children were little.  I just didn't know.  I just didn't know.