Sunday, February 25, 2007

CHAPTER 2, PAGE 25

You Never Know

You never know when someone might

catch a dream from you.

Or something you say may open up the

windows of a mind that seeks light;

The way you live may not matter at all,

But you never know, it might.

And just in case it could be that another's life,

through you, might possibly change

for the better with a better and brighter view,

it seems it might be worth a try at pointing

the way to the right;

Of course, it may not matter at all,

but then again, it might.

 unknown

GOOD MORNING !

I hope you all are doing well this morning and that the storms that have been hitting us have not sent any harm your way. I’m waiting to see if the prediction of an ice storm will come our way today.

I hope to get out to church and then do some needed shopping, but it’s too early to tell yet. I’m in such a habit of going to church that it would feel strange in deed if I didn’t make it, but if the walks and roads are too bad I’ll stay in and be safe.

My daughter and her hubby went on a weekend trip, so I’ll be saying a special prayer for them as they travel home. And of course I will also be praying for all of you too as I always do.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

What is the point of Lent?

For Christians, it is the time when we try to trim away some inessentials, and return to and refresh the things that are at the real center of our lives.

Brendan Walsh

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you do not get the ice storm and that you can make it to church. Say one for me for better health if you do get there.

Anonymous said...

ah they say its headed this way But  hope the temps stay up for all of us yuou too .

Anonymous said...

Oh! Dear I too hope you do not get the ice storms.Good Grief doesn't winter seem to be so long this time.My Mother always used to say the winters seem longer now I am older and I feel the same now.I hope you manage your journey to the chuch as I know you so love to go there.If it's only a little peek of sunshine I hope you get one and some smiles along your way.I pray also for a safe journey for everyone who is travelling.Take Care God Bless
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasandMYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Hope the storm isn't too bad.  I hope we have seen the back of the snow over here.  Have a lovely day.  Hugs.  Terry x

Anonymous said...

we can't get out to go to church today.... we are actually getting the snow the weather man predicted yesterday. It's not going to seem like Sunday and by the looks of it it may be a couple of days before we actually do get out and then they predict ice and snow sometime next week too.... and here we were hoping for an early Spring  :>)  take care and don't try to go out if its icy. Sandra

Anonymous said...

It's raining here today...
Be safe and have a blessed Sunday!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

It`s not bad here, not much ice. Hope you were able to get out and about!
penny

Anonymous said...

Its grey and rainy and cold here in the UK today ,have a lovely day ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

One day after an ice storm, our priest said after the homily, "How many of you here are over 55?" So everyone who was raised their hand. He then said, "What the heck are you doing here? Do you think God wants you to fall on the ice and break a leg or worse? You should be home safe and warm."

He was right. : )

Love,
Angela

Anonymous said...

Our churches were closed in my hometown.  9" of snow.  Hope the ice stays away from all of us.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

I hope you were able to make it....but if not I'm glad you are warm and safe.  
Have a good Sunday.
Pam