Monday, February 5, 2007

CHAPTER 2, PAGE 5

Where there is love the heart is light,

Where there is love the day is bright,

Where there is love there is a song

To help when things are going wrong.

Where there is love there is a smile

To make all things seem more worthwhile,

Where there is love there's a quiet peace,

A tranquil place where turmoils cease.

Love changes darkness into light

And makes the heart take wingless flight.

Helen Steiner Rice

Good Morning !

Well you all know the love of my life, DDH, has the ‘better’ part of life right now. He was such a dear person that I’m sure he’s home with our Lord. But I still have lots of love in my heart.

I have the love of family and friends, of pets and of all the things I still can enjoy doing. I love a good book and I love good food too ! I love the beauty of nature, the warm sands on a beach, and the beautiful sunrises and sunsets we get each day. There seems to be no end to the love in my life.

So I’ll be sending out lots of Valentines this year to all those I love. I really can never be down and out about the state of life I have found myself in because there are just too many blessings in it to ever complain.

Today will probably be one of those very long 10 hour days of work as one of my bosses is still on vacation ( He says he’s semi-retired now) and the other has business appointments out of town all day. If you want to get jobs in our business you have to meet with the customers.

My job is maintain the office and be there if someone needs something. I have a few things to do but for the most part it’ll be busy work …filing etc. , things that I put on hold for times like this.

Our artic cold continues for another few days and I’m looking forward to Thursday when it will be back up in the 20’s which is normal temps for us here.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

You can give without loving, but you can never love without giving.

Author Unknown

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah but I looked ahead to see that the weather on the 12th adn 13th next week is looking quite good to me

Anonymous said...

Its very very cold here this morning too. -15 with wind chill of -35 brrrrr. the sun is shinning though so I guess that helps. all the kids are out of school here too. We sure will appreciate Spring won't we. Hope your day is going well, Sandra

Anonymous said...

yes it's cold here in IL. We had no school/work today in fact. I have lots of love too. You are a very wonderful loving person. Hope you stay warm.

Anonymous said...

It's freezing here. I'm so thankful to God that I don't have to go out. Dress warm....layers. Don't forget to put a scarf around your mouth. Very important.

Anonymous said...

Its very cold here today in the UK ,Hope you are keeping warm ..love Jan xx