Saturday, February 3, 2007

Chapter 2, PAGE 3

 

A bell is no bell 'til you ring it,

A song is no song 'til you sing it,

And love in your heart

Wasn’t put there to stay -

Love isn’t love

'til you give it away.

Oscar Hammerstein, Sound of Music,

GOOD MORNING !

I’m up early as usual and will try to get a few things done around here before leaving to go to my Dad’s house. My Sister that cares for Dad feels that someone should be with him all the time and she has some errands to do, so I’ll be going to stay with him today.

Usually my next door Sister and I take dinner out to him and spend the evening on Saturdays. What ever I don’t get done will wait just fine for me. What’s important is that I do what I can to help out.

Dad is feeling good, but is still weak and is confined to what he can do until the wires to his heart heal . On the list of things not to do were: no golfing or swimming for 6 months – ha ha. We got a good laugh out of that one, because Dad doesn’t to either of them.

Our 'Little Ray of Sunshine' also had surgery this past Thursday.  He had to have his toncils and adnoids removed.  So I put the pictures up of him  and also of his brother 'Sunshine Boy'.  They live in the South, but also got some snow. The very first time for both of them to see and touch it.

We on the other hand have lots of snow and below freezing temps so it's not going away any time soon.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

We all have our 'good old days' tucked away inside our hearts, and we return to them in daydreams like cats to favorite armchairs.

Brian Carter

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ma ,you sunny boys are delightful ,have a lovely day with your Dad ,and give him a hug from me ..love Jan xxx

Anonymous said...

ah hate the little ones iwht tonsils out they are so pitifl. yeah funny no swimming too funny. Yes we got snowand I ll posting soon I hope

Anonymous said...

Hope your Dad and grandson is doing well.  
Hope you are enjoying your day with your Dad.  And all the "to do" at home will still be there "to do".  LOL.
I'm in between exam questions and rewarding myself with journal reading in b/w.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

Last year my grandaughter had her tonsils out, and i had to sleep on the bed next to her which was just a tiny bit too short for me.  (We was allowed to stay with them overnight and she wanted her nanny).  Hope your grandson gets well quickly.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are precious! So happy to hear the little one came through his surgery just fine. :)
Hugs
penny

Anonymous said...

So glad Dad finally got his pacemaker and is home again and your Little Ray of Sunshine is doing well too!!!!
Have a blessed Sunday!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your Dad is doing well.  Good for him!  And that poor little one with the tonsil surgery....God Bless him!  Poor baby. That's scary being in the hospital.  I'm glad it all went well.
Pam