Tuesday, February 6, 2007

CHAPTER 2, PAGE 6

BEND IN THE ROAD

When we feel we have nothing left to give

and we are sure that the song has ended.

When our day seems over and the shadows fall

 and the darkness of night has descended.

Where can we go to find the strength

to valiantly keep on trying

Where can we find the hand that

will dry the tears that the heart is crying.

There’s but one place to go and

that is to God and dropping all pretense and pride.

We can pour out our problems without restraint

and gain strength with Him at our side.

And together we stand at life's crossroads

and view what we think is the end.

But God has a much bigger vision and

 He tells us it's only a bend.

For the road goes on and is smoother

and the pause in the song is a rest.

And the part that's unsung and unfinished

is the sweetest and richest and best

So restand relax and grow stronger

let go and let God share your load.

Your work is not finished or ended

you've just come to a bend in the road.

 ~ Helen Steiner Rice ~

GOOD MORNING !

It will be another day for artic air here…the local schools have all closed and wind chill advisories are up The ‘silver streak’ ,as my mom so glibly named my car, did a great job of getting me to work yesterday, hopefully today it will do the same. Lots and lots of car woes have been reported from this cold weather.

I’ve already decided to put another layer of clothing on. My knees get quite stiff in the cold and even though my coat has a hood, my head was still cold so I’ll be putting a hat on today too. With all the static in the air I would be having a bad hair day anyway.

My poor beagle went outside briefly when I got home from work and the cold had very adverse effect s on his old legs and feet and he could hardly hobble back into the house.

I think today must be one of those ‘trip to the beach ‘ kind of days. Oh yes, I would rather be on some warm sandy beach for sure !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

You really shouldn't say "I love you" unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget.

Author unknown, attributed to an 8-year-old named Jessica

May your day be blessed with afew SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

p.s. SMILE !

GOD loves you !

And so do I !!!!

 

 

graphics by: www.untilthengraphics.com

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes they call for snow today but after this it looks like a warm up. OH ONE LIVES IN HOPE AND PRAYER> I tell you its sad this year the weahter came on cold very cold fast and hard and seems to NOT let up. I sure hope the ground hog was right.

Anonymous said...

A trip to the beach?  Let us know, we'll join you.  ;)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

Come visit me here in So Calif!  Was over 80 yesterday.  I'll take you to a beach!  
I sure wish you could come here. We'd have a great time.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Please may I join you on the beach ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

It has gone from a warm spring day to freezing with talk of snow, I cannot keep up with it.  Roll on summer.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

It's been really cold. I like winter but this is ridiculous. It's like Alaska. I hope you and of course, your dog, are okay. Maybe you could wrap his little legs up?

Angela

Anonymous said...

That`s a great poem about the bend in the road.
Awww, I hope your dear beagle is enjoying a warm and cozy evening!

penny